Our banner show year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
Our club's show season ended on Sunday. To my great surprise and honor, my silver bay earned her second Supreme ribbon for the season (different judge from the June show win). And if that wasn't excitement enough, we placed 2nd in Green Hunter after completing our first "clean" round this season. This was our first year doing any performance classes. I was almost as excited by that 2nd place ribbon as I was the additional Supreme!

And my young friend who has joined me in showing my horses this year also did well and improved in each class she was in. We are both excited for next year and plan to spend a lot of time training to improve and even try another class or two. Now that I can get my girl to truly stand well in the ring, we'll try Showmanship next year.

Here's my favorite pic of the year:

ea3ccc08-4f1d-4e71-8139-296e024e1f99.jpg

We are attending one more show this coming Sunday being put on by another club. Then we'll take the month of August off and start our training again in mid-September. Can't wait to see what next year holds for us.

On top of all this excitement, my plan to purchase a new a colt is moving forward. While not happy, I did tell my husband my plans so that's out of the way. Now to choose which colt! I fell head over heels in love with a foal born this year. Yet, the breeder also has some amazing yearlings that I'm wondering might not be a good choice too. I can't buy more than one though! LOL! I'm going for another visit to literally put my hands on them and will make a choice from there. It may end up being a "eeny-meeny-miney-mo" situation in the end. LOL!

Lori, as soon as I make a choice, I promise to share. I'm working with Marlene and Holly at White Tail Farms. I love their horses and I love them
default_smile.png

(edited to fix White Tail Farm's name!)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a GREAT year! Can't wait to see who you choose to add to your herd!

CONGRATULATIONS Joy!!! You certainly deserved it after all your hard work
default_yes.gif

It was so nice to see you again at the Virginia show!

WOW! Congratulation on all of your success, and of course you must hug and kiss the horses for their part in this great show year.

It was so nice to see you again at the Virginia show!
I enjoyed seeing you too! I'm still trying to figure out when I can squeeze in another visit.
default_yes.gif

WOW! Congratulation on all of your success, and of course you must hug and kiss the horses for their part in this great show year.
My girl got kissed in the ring on both wins. She was such a good girl.

Isn't it great to feel that all of your hard work has paid off? Congrats to you and best of luck. Can't wait to see your new horse.

Latest posts

Back