OUR BABY IS HERE!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
I am so excited I could about burst let me tell you! I knew our mare was getting close because last night about 10:30 she had small milk drips/wax at the end of her teats. I thought I'd leave her alone for a while and come back and check on her at about 2:00. Well, I didn't get back out there until 5:00 this morning and there I saw mom and baby both taking a snooze - the baby completely dry already!!! Mom had passed the afterbirth and baby had already pooped a couple of times. They both popped up right away and baby went back to nursing. SHE, yes she, is very strong and spunky and curious and downright healthy. Mom is doing great, taking it all like an old pro (she is 13). We couldn't have asked for an easier delivery. The filly is a darkish gray but with a lot of redness underneath. I'm sure she'll end up sorrel like both parents. Mom is a minimal pinto and it appears the baby has high whites on the back and lower whites on the front, no face white. I was surprised about that but I am not complaining!! Her head is awesome just like her mother's. Everything is great. I'm not sure on a full name yet but think the barn name will be Cassie after my first horse I ever had. Sorry to ramble but we are just so thrilled! No pics but I might be able to figure that out later. Thanks everyone!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Congratulations Rachel!!!!
aktion033.gif
I love it when mine surprise me like that, with beautiful, healthy foals....but I wish they wouldn't, as if they would have problems & I wasn't there....I would never forgive myself.
no.gif

I know you'll be spending most of your time in the barn now...with your new little girl......first foals are SO special!
wub.gif
ENJOY!

[SIZE=14pt]Congradulations! Thats the way to have them.... while you sleep![/SIZE]

Glad all is well for your first foaling ever.

Lyn

Isn't it just the bestest fun you've ever had????

YIPPEE!!!!!!

I want to share in your joy!!!
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

517.gif
517.gif
517.gif
517.gif

CONGRATS! That's got to be one of the most wonderful feelings in the world! Can't wait to see pictures!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back