Our 2nd "grandfoal" has arrived in UT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I traded this mare to a friend for a big mare. We bred her to my grulla stallion as part of it. This is Gypsy's first foal and she did good. I'll let the new owner give you the details but here HE is. He is a dun for sure but not sure of his base color yet. Daddy is a true grulla and momma is a gray pinto.

gypsfoal1.JPG

gypsfoal2.JPG

gypsfoal3.JPG

This is momma, a Buckeroo Granddaughter. She really is a pinto.
default_yes.gif

gypsy18.jpg

and this is the sire, a son of Little Kings Alfalfa Please, and LWO+

tom01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Who is the owner of this mare and baby??? They should really think about getting the baby in the show ring. Know a great hook-up to the Utah club if they aren't members!
default_risa8.gif

Congrats!!!!!!! Definitely say silver grulla!!!! and of course may gray since momma is a gray.. Is Keisha in foal this year?

The owners live in New Harmony. I was hoping she'd pop on but I'm sure she's busy.
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

Keisha isn't in foal this year. She foaled in June last year and I didn't want to breed in July or August, too hot. She'll be meeting my buckskin boy later this month I'm sure though.

T[SIZE=12pt]Hank you Shawna for putting his pictures on for me. I am terrible with coputers! I am the proud owner of the little guy!
default_aktion033.gif
I have been watching the mare but she slipped him by me by about an hour. I found him this morning still wet and whinnying like crazy! Gypsy only had half a bag last night and it hadn't gotten any bigger after the birth. I waited a few hours but he just wasn't getting anything. i tried to milk her but I got very litlle milk. So the baby got his first trip to the vet. The vet gave him colostrum and gave the mare a shot of oxitocin and that got the milk flowing. I watched all day and even though the milk is there Gyspy is not cooperating with letting him nurse so I have been bottle feeding him some. I hope she will get more patient with him. He is 21 inches tall and I am glad to read that you think he is a silver grulla. I didn't know but I love him. Not sure what we will name him. A big hug and thanks to Shawna for letting me have this great mare and producing this adorable boy for me. I have 1 stallion, 2 geldings, and 14 girls so you can see I was ready for a boy! Oh yeah and 4 jennets!
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back