Our 2006 Geshan Convention baby is here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Strass

Reaction score
Well, this one has been a long time in the making, and we are delighted! We purchased a breeding to Geshan, the 2006 National Grand Champion Stallion, at the 2006 Convention, and have been anticipating the arrival ever since!

Saturday morning, our first double registered AMHR/ASPC FILLY was born!!
default_488.gif
Her mother is a Rock E granddaughter, Martins Mardi Gras Sunset. Here is "Pearl", a bucksin filly with 3 short socks pictured at 1 day old.
default_wub.png

IMG_2649_2.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg

Thank you, Jennifer.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Please give Geshan a cookie and tell him thank you for the filly! She has Mike wrapped around her hoof already!

And Congratulations to another forum member on the purchase of Pearl's mommy!

Wow, Lisa, she is a real beauty! Love that buckskin. I can't wait to see more of this one! :D How tall was she when she was born?

Lucky you to get a nice filly!!! She will be a great addition to your broodmare herd; should cross REALLY well with your Red Alert lines!

Congrats Mike and Lisa,

I am so happy for you! And super happy it is a filly, there is only 4 foals off of Geshan that are AMHR/ASPC (3 fillies, and a colt). She looks tiny just like the others, and buckskin to boot!! Congrats, can't wait to see more pics
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Ok Syndi your turn, we want to see the Geshan colt!!!

Oooooh look at that face! And BUCKSKIN to boot! Bet you couldn't ask for more! She is going to be a knockout when she unfolds!

Congrats!

Andrea

Awesome, congratulations, looks like you hit the jackpot there, she's beautiful!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations mike &lisa -- she is lovely indeed.

Congratulations Lisa & Mike. Pearl is awesome!
default_wub.png
I look forward to watching her grow up and raising some siblings to her. I am even more excited about Sunset coming to live here and can't thank the two of you enough for selling her to me.
default_yes.gif

Mike and Lisa

Congratulations on your beautiful new filly and also to Jennifer on the sire Geshan and then of course Sheryl on her purchase of the mother. Wow so many people involved in this one lots to make happy and of course Sunset and Gehsan made good on that. Congratulations to all

She has Mike wrapped around her hoof already!
Yer dern tootin’ she does! I’ve been wanting this one. And who could resist such a sweet little filly?

Lisa and I spend a lot of time thinking about what we would like to cross with Redi. Geshan caught my eye as one horse that I would love to have a filly by for this very purpose. (Both for his attributes and for the fact that crossing a National Grand Champion to the filly of another National Grand Champion seems like an OK idea.) Then, just when I was well inebriated at Convention…here comes a Geesh breeding for bid. Honestly, I hadn’t thought through all of the details, but I just had to take a chance on getting that filly for Redi.

I’ve been pacing the barn isle and telling Sunset everyday that we need a healthy baby girl.

She came though and is also proving to have very good mothering instincts. (She was even kind enough to make sure Lisa and I were there before foaling.)

SunsetPearl2.jpg

Sheryl, Sunset’s doing a great job for a 1st time mommy.

Thank you Jennifer. I’m very excited to be adding Geshan to our bloodlines and can’t wait until I can finally complete this obsessive journey of mine and get a Redi foal out of this girl.

For any who may have doubted me on this one…just wait. Pearl is going to make me look like I actually know what I’m doing.

Congrats Lisa and Mike she is completely BEAUTIFUL and of course Sheryl congrats on that pretty mare
default_wub.png

Oh. My. That is one gorgeous young girl you have there.

She's already got the "look" I love.

Congratulations!!!

Liz

She's gorgeous.
default_new_shocked.gif
I wouldn't mind having her come here to live
default_wub.png

Mike you are great! I am just so happy it was a filly....would have been hard to cross a colt! I can't wait to see how she matures, and it is going to seem like an eternity for the cross but I will be just as eager as you! Congrats again!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back