Other hobbies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I volunteer at ranch that has some exotic animals but also domestic ones. I go 2 days a week. I also like working and cleaning up my yard and we have classic cars that we take to parades and other events.
Sweet! What type of exotics?

I collect sewing buttons. I have always enjoyed writing, and have found the genre I like best editing the state newsletter: journalism. Using the fewest, choice words to say something is a fun challenge. And learning to work with Photoshop for photos and graphics. When I have a photo or graphic idea, I can hardly sleep until I have a chance to integrate it an article.

Dog, dogs, dogs, cats, dogs....😂 I'm enrolled with Victoria Stilwell (Of "It's Me Or The Dog" fame) Academy of Dog Training. I'm learning to be an R+ (Positive Reinforcement) trainer.🤗

Reading; writing "Musings of a Christian Woman" and poetry; flower gardening, herbal remedy studies, participating in church activities.

Oh, and did I mention teaching Dog? 😂 I've even started practicing some capturing with the cats. I think that if I can learn to communicate with, and listen to them, they won't seem so inscrutable.

Besides horses, what other interests or hobbies do you spend time on? You may still include crafting.
There are other hobbies/interest besides horses?? 🤣🤣🤣 ohhh… Do you mean like researching the best feed for your horses or finding the next cool place to take your horse? Or maybe trying out different braids or grooming tools for your horses?

I'm working my way through taekwondo levels. I'm going to my first tournament tomorrow and competing at my belt-level poomsae (that's dressage in martial arts 😄 ) and my next belt testing is on Wednesday next week. I dislike sparring (fighting) but I understand that elements are part of the requirements to move up. I've got 3 more levels to test through after next week before reaching my black belt. Had no idea that's where this journey would lead me, but I really enjoy it! And it's actually a great way to cross train riding dressage! Also, I see I have nearly no pictures of me in uniform! (I'm on the left)
Taekwondo.jpg

A very nice pic 😍
Thank you! It was a really neat experience. Last night I tested for my belt promotion and was successful. My club (they're kind of corny and I adore it!) gives out kit kat bars for perfect board breaks - that means perfect technique as well as a successful break. (Gimme a break - kit kat, get it??) anyways, I earned my second kit kat bar!! AND my daughter tested really strong and earned her yellow belt! She's been back and forth with taekwondo for a few years but she's decided to put on her dedication pants (dobok) and really work on it. And she's doing awesome!

What did you do to them?😁🤼‍♀️
I laid them out!! No, so kidding! I don't even like sparring. I only do it as much as I am required to. I competed in poomsae (pattern of movements) and won that. There's no contact at all. So what did I do to them? Celebrated their hard work and successes too!

Latest posts

Back