Oster A5

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
My A5 is OLD and tired.

It just recently stopped clipping.

I've tried new blades, checked the bushings, but they still won't cut?

Is there anything else I can check before I take them to a repair place, if I can even find one.

ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

check the carbon.

the clipper could be very clogged with hair.

is it the motor or is it the switch? switches can be replaced.

jennifer
default_saludando.gif

meffntuf yep its oiled.

justjinx is the carbon the same as the bushings those things attached to the springs? It runs but just won't cut the hair. The blades appear to move freely.

have you changed the lever? they need changing too just like with the Double K's ect

Boinky no I haven't, I didn't even know they had a lever. Any advice as to where to get one and how to change it?

you should be able to get it from any clipper supplier. you take off the metal plate on the outside of it (on the back side where the clipper blades rest). should be 4 little screws. Take that off and you can see the internal gears. the lever should pop up if you use a screw driver or what not. I don't have mine right here to look at abut i had a manual that told me all about how to do it. I might be able to photo copy it for you later if you'd like.

Boinky THANKS for all your help.

I did a search prior to my post with A-5 clippers as my search and came up with nothing, but after you posted the lever I did a seach with just lever and came up with a BAZILLION sites and instructions, for everything from part suppliers to manuals, and how to's I LOVE LILB.

THANKS AGAIN!

Thanks big font woman,[SIZE=36pt]YOUR THE BEST![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt] I KNEW YOU WOULD DO THAT[/SIZE]

AND YOU ARE WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back