organic receipes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Because of the cancer I can't have sugar [refined], dairy, or white flour. Because my appetite is lousy its hard to want to eat stuff I love but can't have. Anyone have any good organic receipes? PLEASE? Linda

Hi Linda,

I will go through some of my cookbooks and see what I can find, but here's something that's easy and good, to get the ball rolling:

Put some dried apricots in a small plastic container that has a tight-fitting lid. Add orange juice to just barely cover the apricots. Cover and refrigerate overnight, then put the contents into a bowl and mash (with a fork or potato masher, or you can use a blender) and then spoon the mixture back into the plastic container. This is great in place of jam or jelly on toast (there's some pretty good whole-grain breads out there these days) and keeps in the fridge for a week or so. You can also replace some or all of the apricots with prunes, but the color of the resulting spread is less appetizing... Still tastes good, though.

I also highly recommend a new, non-dairy, non-hydrogenated butter replacement that's called Earth Balance. Comes in a tub and tastes really good (way better than margarine).

Best wishes, prayers, and hugs also coming your way!!!

Lori

Here's a cookie recipe from The Natural Foods Cookbook, by Beatrice Trum Hunter. These cookies are good, and you can add nuts, coconut, raisins, or whatever goodies are "legal" for your diet:

Vanilla Cookies

1/3 cup honey

1/2 cup oil

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 whole wheat flour

Blend oil, honey, egg and vanilla. Stir in flour. Dough should be stiff. If too thick, add a little fruit juice; if too thin, add more flour. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until edges of cookies are brown. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

Lori

You may want to take a look at this site....

http://www.happy2beme.com/

default_smile.png

I looked at that web site with the recipes and I'll be trying some of them just to be eating a bit healthier.

Thanks

Hey Linda!

I found a non-dairy 'milk' that I really like....now...I dont drink glasses of it....but I do use it on cereal and love it. You can get it at most groceries in the health food section...its made by Blue Diamond (the nut people). It is Blue Diamond Almond Milk...UNSWEETENED. I do put couple packs of nutrasweet in the bowl...cause I like my cereal sweet....but trying to cut calories. I sprinkle in some whole almonds for protein too...yummy with a banna. There are some good "No Gluten" cereals out there too. One I liked was something like "O's" dang...cant remember the name....but something like Cherrios...but of course a different name.

There is no gluten granolas in the health food section too. No white flour.

Hard to keep an open mind that things will taste good when they tell you not to eat things you love. Allergest told me I'm allergic to corn, tomatoes, wheat....so it was kinda challenging. Doing best I can to cut them out...but have them now and then. First thought it was dairy problem...thats why I tried different milks. They do make a chocolate non-dairy milk in little boxes...that was really pretty good.

Good luck buddy...sending prayers!

cb

Latest posts

Back