Oregon Trip Day 1

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
First stop on our trip landed us at the Sacramento river in Redding, CA. Our RV space in right on the river and is so beautiful. All grass and trees. It is 95 degrees here but the water is ice cold. I got out of cooking since it was so hot outside, Yeah Applebees!

th_SacramentoRiver.jpg
th_SacramentoRiver2.jpg
th_Ourspaceredding.jpg

Looks like you're having a great time already!

I don't know how fr up the cost you plan to go, but Cape Perpetua is well worth a stop. The drive up the Cape and the hiking trils up at the top are gorgeous.

Day 2 we drove through the Trinity National Forest yesterday to get to the northern Ca coast and it is was a beautiful drive. This is one of the areas where there are 100's of sightings of Big Foot. They even have a Big Foot Museum! Everyother business is named Big Foot something. Darn I didn't see one but did see lots of huge wooden carved ones on just about everycorner.

We are now in Klamath CA in the redwoods. Parked so deep into the woods and ferns that we don't even have sunshine. It is very nice and private site. I was visiting with other RV'ers yesterday and was told that they had seen a young bear while on their walk on the trail that runs right behinds us. Maybe I will see a big foot afterall. I'll have to make sure I bring my camera along. Almost forgot, just a couple of miles south of here we passed over the Klamath River and there were a couple of whales playing in the water. It is a mother and her calf that have been hanging around for a couple of weeks. They California highway patrol were all involved because of all the people enjoying the sight and parking all over. We will have to go back today when we don't have a trailer behind us to get in the way and take some pictures. Can't sent pics from here since they only allow emails and such, no large files to use up their band width. When we saw the ocean I was suddenly a young girl again.
default_biggrin.png
We had to stop and put our feet in the water. I have some great pictures but they will have to wait. I was so excited to be walking on the beach and seeing the waves. Nobody around but a lady and her dog and the beautiful waves braking on the shore. We are here for another night so will be able to take our time and enjoy everything. I also got out of another night of cooking. We ate at the Beachcomber, right on the beach of course in Crescent city. Yummy Clam chowder, parmesan encrusted Halibut and white wine. Not much better than that for me.
default_yes.gif

Sounds like you're having a great time Kathy. Yes, be sure to post photos when you get back, and never mind teasing us with those little thumbnail sized photos! LOL!

Latest posts

Back