Oregon State Fair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gone to the Pinto part the last 2 years but I'm going to pass this year. Too much going on that weekend!

Shari.........We went last year and took part in the AMHR portion. It was a blast. (Of course winning a couple of championships with a junior and a senior mare doesn't hurt!)
default_laugh.png

We immediately started making plans to go back this year........only to discover earlier this year that the State Fair was canceling all AMHR horses! (sigh)

SO NO MINIATURES @ THE FAIR?!? Drat, I am going to be up there all day friday to help my Tennessee Walker friends unload and set up....I was hoping to see some little guys.

Kellie, They have the kept the AMHA part.........but dropped AMHR.

Well that is rotten MA. Thought there were a number of folks showing the R horses? Do you know if Kari, Liz or Leia are going to be there to show?

I hope to go on one of the weekends.. want to at least take photos of the Draft horses (since it seems, there will not be the mini horse get together like last year).

Shari, I know I won't be attending (I made that decision this spring when I chose to spend my gas money going to the two Oregon CDE's instead) and I don't think Liz or Kari are either although I could be wrong. I have a vague memory of Kari planning to skip some events in order to go to Worlds and poor Liz can't go without someone to watch the boys. It doesn't help that Pyro can't do AMHA anymore!
default_rolleyes.gif

I only went last year because I already had the required health paperwork from hauling Kody to California for Ram Tap and of course it's all expired now.
default_no.gif

Leia

We still hope to take Scarlet down for the pinto classes, but we're out of luck with Mingus.

Leia, what paperwork did you need for Oregon? Oregon and Washington don't require Coggins from each other's horses, nor anything else that I know of.

I will be there with Toulouse and Tschimikan. The AMHA part of the fair is 25th and 26th. They dropped the AMHR part of the show as there were not enough R horses showing up for them. For those who are there come by and say HI.
default_saludando.gif

I can understand about the gas and hauling specially since you are soooo far north ! A lot of horse folks I know that show.. have cut the shows they go to in half or more.

Hope you can take Scarlet to the pinto classes Susanne but sadly... if they are not on a weekend..there is no way for me to make it there.

susanne said:
Leia, what paperwork did you need for Oregon? Oregon and Washington don't require Coggins from each other's horses, nor anything else that I know of.
Oregon doesn't, but the Fair does! Maybe it was only for non-Oregon residents but I had to have a health certificate and brand inspection and I think a Coggins too. That's over a hundred dollars just for the paperwork to be allowed on the grounds. Ouch!
default_shutup.gif

Shari said:
I can understand about the gas and hauling specially since you are soooo far north ! A lot of horse folks I know that show.. have cut the shows they go to in half or more.
I haven't cut out the shows or even the recreational horse trips because they're the only fun things I do in my life but I've sure had to tighten my belt everywhere else to allow it.
default_no.gif
At least it's paid off! You should see my ribbon wall after the last three CDE's and Evergreen this weekend....
default_biggrin.png
Kody's done good this year.

Leia

Larry just spoke to the Oregon Fair Office (because we have a friend here who plans to show) and they informed him that Oregon Residents do NOT need any paperwork on their horses, EXCEPT registration paperwork. The health/coggins/etc. is for out of state horses only.

And they wonder why they didn't have many entries?
default_wacko.png
They aren't going to get many Washington people with that many hoops to jump through and so few classes!

Leia

Hello Susanne

So you do plan to take Scarlett down then? I sure hope so.
default_biggrin.png

I hear many people wont be showing there pintos there this year and if thats the case they are going to cut the pintos classes out as well.

Does anyone know what size a AMHA mini has to be under at a year old to show? Also is the AMHA show at the fair a point show? so would it matter what size they are at a yearling or??

Any info would be great thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Shayleen,

The AMHA classes are sanctioned by the AMHA, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will post about the size for a yearling.

With the way the AMHR shows are going, I'm about ready to paint a couple of white spots on Mingus and show him in pinto, too! But Leia is right -- OSF is not encouraging Washington entries with their paperwork for out-of-state exhibitors. I don't know why they would require all of this when none of the other Oregon shows do.

Well, I entered, but will not be making it.

default_sad.png

No one will be available to watch the little ones, and it's silly to go for only the AMHA part. I was pretty bummed when I found out about only AMHA and they'd cut the AMHR, but c'est la vie.

I'll miss everyone and I paid for my stalls if anyone needs extra, there will be three I am not using, where ever they may be.

Liz

The reason they cut out the AMHR classes is because with it so close to the National show, the classes held were not that well supported. They were very small AMHR classes the last couple of years, so I can see it from their point of view. I hate to not see the AMHR classes there, too. It will be an interesting time this year, that's for sure. Those of you that come, please make sure to stop and say HI to the guy in the announcer's booth and the gal in the ring and measuring you (Sharon) and our good friend Christine Houts ( Gate Manager).

Mark

I'm sad I won't be there. I hate missing ANY local shows, such fun!! And there'll be no TIGGER Liberty!!
default_whistling.gif

Kari

Latest posts

Back