Oregon State Fair results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First off, due to computer issues this is the first time I've been able to get online since I got home from the Oregon State Fair. I got quite a few pictures of various horses and events, but also due to computer problems I can't upload them at this time. I will as soon as I can get things working again.

Okay now on to the results...

Tango was FANTASTIC for me! Our first class was AMHR Youth Halter Geldings Under (Monday night). There were 4 horses/handlers in the class under 2 judges. Tango recieved 2 fourth place ribbons. I was very please as it wasn't the ribbons that impressed me, it was his behavior. Compared to his first show (as a stallion back in March), he was an angel. There was no rearing, biting, or kicking. He did a bit of dancing around and figeting, but the only thing he did "wrong" was drop. I tried so very hard, but he just wouldn't put it away. Actually I think he had to pee.

After we left the ring, I sat with him in front of his stall, where we were immeditately SURROUNDED by tiny kids of varing ages. Tango did superb! He stood and let the little children fawn all of him. He even acted like he was enjoying the attention.
wub.gif

Our second class was AMHA Youth Halter Geldings (Tuesday morning). He did even better in that class. He stood for me and didn't drop. Out of 13 horses/handlers, we didn't place. That was okay though, because he had improved on his behavior (even from the day before) and gained experience. Now that I have him understanding what he's supposed to do, I need to work on my showing (how to stand and get him to really show).

Liz McMaster (nootka) commented on how Tango was "off again to do ambassador work again" numerous times. Tango and I went on many many walks around the horses barns, meeting and greeting new people. If I had even a penny for every time I heard "OMG He's beautiful!" or "What a pretty/neat color!" I'd be rich by now
wub.gif

I would also like to say that Carol Elvin (Kings Magic Ranch), Kathy Sammons (Country Roads Miniatures), Jessica Kimball (Saddle Sore Ranch), Mark Bullington, Carol Heerman (Heerman Homestead), among many others are such WONDERFUL PEOPLE! I am so glad to have met them and to have become friends of theirs.

Erin Moore and Viewcrest Too Hot To Tango

Sounds like you had a great time and your horse was good - what more could you want?
aktion033.gif

Yay, Erin, thanks for posting your results!

My son, Kenny was in the Youth class w/Mouse w/you and Tango, and the top two geldings were pretty nice, but jeez, tough competition!

I was happy to see Tango so relaxed and enjoying his surroundings rather than worrying over who needed "beating up" or dominating like at Boring.

That show at the Fair has lots of opportunity to visit w/the public and it gets exhausting. It really made me feel good that you were doing the job and Tango was being so good about it.

He is a cool color, alright. Sometime it would be fun to get a bunch of silver dapples together and photo them for their sheer differences. Mouse was almost black this time!

Congratulations!

Liz M.

Hey Erin, I was wondering where you were...

Congratulations on a great show and a great time. It was wonderful getting to visit while we were there...I wish I had had more time to just hang out.

Ribbons are not the measure of success in this case...Tango is a true winner, as are you. He was so sweet with the kids, and will be a fantastic ambassador in the future to schools and hospitals. And to think that he's still getting those hormones out of his system -- he'll keep getting better and better, and you two will become even closer.

Latest posts

Back