Oregon Gold Pony & Miniature Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark & Sharon Bullington

Reaction score
I spoke to Diane Zmolek this morning. As she and her husband Steve have not been able to show their ponies much over the last couple of years and they are looking at retirement as well, Diane and Steve have decided not to stage the Oregon Gold show any longer. Diane asked that I pass this information along.

They have run a truly first class show for many years now - a show that can be described as one of the great miniature horse and pony shows in the United States. Always a top show in all respects - for animals, exhibitors, staff, and spectators.

Thank you Diane and Steve and all those who helped them for a job done very, very well.

Mark Bullington

Bummer. That is a very good show to have lost.

Oh NO!! I had to miss it this year for Kody's surgery and was so looking forward to finally going next spring.
default_crybaby.gif
What a massive bummer.

default_bye-sad.gif
Bye bye, Oregon Gold.

Leia

Okay now...first Oregon State Fair cancelled the AMHR classes and now Oregon Gold...Keith's going to be talking conspiracy theories when he hears this!

I am truly heartbroken! (Though I certainly understand Diane's reason.) This is the ONE show we have sworn each year we would attend, but events have conspired to keep us away...one year I had been in the hospital, another we were working with Portia and she was a judge, and then this year the horrid weather we had kept us home with unclipped horses...

But while I'm very sad, I have to say thank you Diane for what I have heard was an outstanding show.

That's too bad, but I can understand........Coordinating a show is a lot of work. Perhaps another person or couple in that area will step forward?

That's what I was hoping, MA...that perhaps, now that Diane has established this show, the organization could continue, with other people taking charge. It seems a shame that all of her hard work and success with Oregon Gold should just come to an end.

That is a bummer - understandable but a real loss to the few quality AMHR/ASPC shows out here.

I know my AMHR Club really enjoys what Diane has done and all have reported it as being a great show to go to!

Best of luck Diane and thanks for the hardwork. Hopefully some of the club members can pick up the reins so to speak.

It is a show that will definitely be missed as it was a first class show from the moment you entered the grounds. Diane put her heart and soul into this show and it has been an event to look forward to for several years now.

Thank you Diane for several years of a wonderful show. I will miss it but look forward to seeing you in the ring instead.

Love ya girl!

Latest posts

Back