ordering Duplicate Certificates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norah

Reaction score
Hi ,

Recently , a notebook -folder containing all of my horses registration papers was stolen from the locked office at a show : ( I was working at the show , and had all of my things together in a corner in the office ....

Now i need to order dupliuctes.... what a drag, new photos etc ...

Like a fool I had my copies with my origionals ... lesson learned !

is it OK to leave the registration numbers blank ? I only have the number for 1 horse . The only other person that might have the registration numbers on the horses is unfortunatly the suspect : (

Has anyone ever had to re order certificates ? Do all of you all of you go to shows with just the copies ? i was told that the origonal was needed at this show : (

Anyone reading this please , learn from my mistake .... you cant trust everyone , especially at the shows where your horses are doing well : (

Is it AMHA and AMHR papers or just one of the registries. You will need the numbers either way but if its AMHR papers and they have photos on them, you won't need new photos. AMHA papers, you will. You can use copies at a show, you can use color copies at Nationals or World, you never HAVE to use your original copies. Better to leave them at home. If you know all of the horses correct registered names, I would be happy to look them up and send you the numbers. Just send me a PM with your email address. Its $10 each I think, if anyone can go permanent on AMHA papers, then I suggest you do that now and the duplicate won't cost extra.

I've never gone to a show with originals. Even at a National level show, copies are the norm.

Sorry for the fix you are in!

I made a habit of putting a copy of the reg certifs in each horses folder, also had a scanned one on disc, along with pics, etc.

Much of this was due to having several homes at the time and doing a lot of travel. If they were on a disc and in my computer, I could pretty well get all info quickly. At the time (many, many yrs ago) I also needed all info quickly for sales info as it was very active then.
default_yes.gif
Keep the info just as you would/should for home inventory in case of losses/insurance claims.

Does the stud book still show this info? Haven't looked there in a long time but, an idea.

As a steward I am shocked by the number of folks who bring their originals to the show. I NEVER EVER bring originals. They never leave my house unless a horse is sold or dies. I have a notebook with copies of all the show horses' papers, coggins, and measurement carts. That stays in the trailer. Please folks - don't bring your originals to the steward table. . . it makes ME too nervous!!!

As a steward I am shocked by the number of folks who bring their originals to the show. I NEVER EVER bring originals. They never leave my house unless a horse is sold or dies. I have a notebook with copies of all the show horses' papers, coggins, and measurement carts. That stays in the trailer. Please folks - don't bring your originals to the steward table. . . it makes ME too nervous!!!
yes , I have measured here too , and people DO bring their originals ... its like we just " grab the folder" and go : ( Thats why I posted about my stupidity .... I want people to learn from my mistake . I was told to bring them or the horse couldnt show in the classes.. Now we all know THIS IS NOT TRUE Thanks for your posts ...

Latest posts

Back