Oprah Winfrey's new pets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
My wife has just told me that Oprah is now the owner of mini horses. Where she got the information from I do not know but If its wrong direct the flames in her direction. Apparently she will have them on her show in the near future. If its true I wonder if she bought them from FAO Swartz. Did any of our forum family sell some to live in luxury ??

No, I did not hear that. However, from what I have seen of Ophra, she has a good knowledgeable head on her shoulders. So if she is now a mini owner, I bet those minis get some excellent care!

I read an article about her a while back and she has the most lovely farm at the time that article was written she had I believe a couple of riding horses........those are gonna be some lucky mini's
wink.gif
wink.gif

Yes, they are some lucky minis I'm sure!!! I hope she'll enjoy them as much as we do! I look forward to learning more about what kind of minis she's gotten!!!

Perhaps someone should write to her (or her staff) and invite her (or her staff) to join this forum...

I saw a little bit of an ad today.

I think they will be on her show next Monday??

(along with Jennifer Aniston sp? )

They showed her place, WOW
new_shocked.gif

Sandy

Don't know about the minis but I do know she owns the very best of big horses a PALOMINO.

susanne said:
Perhaps someone should write to her (or her staff) and invite her (or her staff) to join this forum...
467188[/snapback]

Excellent idea Susanne!

What are you waiting for ladies and gents, I just did!

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

I think it'd be nice if many of us extend and invitation to her.
yes.gif

Talk about an excellent embassador for miniatures!!! Beats the heck out of that deal with FAO Schwartz.

Last edited:
As said earlier Oprah is already a horse owner. I saw an article in a magazine (it may even have been her magazine!) with pictures of her really gorgeous farm. She according to the article has a few riding horses and at least one Fresian horse. I would bet that her Miniatures will get a really high standard of care.

I will look for the magazine in our house and scan in some pictures if I find the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several years ago, after seeing Oprah's farm and her interest in animals, we named a filly Little America's It's Oprah and sent her some pictures in hopes of getting her interest. We never heard back and later I sold the filly to a lady in NY. At that time David Letterman was making a big deal of not being able to get Oprah on his show. I encouraged my customer to send him the information, in hopes that he would bring "Oprah" on as a gag. Don't know that she ever followed up on it, but it would have been a fun appearance, I think.

The show is on tomorrow, Monday 9/19. I'll be watching for sure!

Although the publicity for minis would be great, what about the threat of "fads", resulting in many abused and neglected minis because their owners only wanted them because Oprah had them?

Kind of like Shar Peis, how they were so popular years back (or so my animal management teacher told me) and there were many abuse and neglect cases involving them

The Fad will just continue that is all
laugh.gif
...As it was started many years ago with Michel Jackson keeping minis and Llamas in His front yard! After all that is what got me into thinking about minis until the prices came down so I could get one
aktion033.gif

Nothing will happen other then the fad for minis will continue for many more years to come..
biggrin.gif

Not too long ago someone from Oprahs magazine staff contacted me about my Horse

Hugs program. They had been told about my Horse Hugs program by the parents of a young cancer patient and really liked the idea of miniature horses visiting sick patients.

There is the chance that they will do an article about Horse Hugs in an up coming issue of her magazine. I had to sign releases for them to use any of the info on my website and thats all I know right now.

Horse Hugs said:
Not too long ago someone from Oprahs magazine staff contacted me about  my HorseHugs program. They had been told about  my Horse Hugs program by the parents of a young cancer patient and really liked the idea of miniature horses visiting sick patients.

There is the chance that they will do an article about Horse Hugs in an up coming issue of her magazine. I had to sign releases for them to use any of the info on my website and thats all I know right now.

469213[/snapback]

That is so neat..

Latest posts

Back