Opps! Another Prancer could be in foal????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I hand bred Angel to Nick on mother's day weekend back in May. Angel is my black and white pinto. She kicked the daylights outta him too! Jerry had to help me on that one. I was not expecting that from her. She was only exposed twice, just those two days,. then seemed to go out of heat quickly after that.

Now that I think about it, she has never come back in heat.........could she have taken on just two times? hmmmmmm

Boy I sure hope she doesn't pull a "Holly special" on me and come back in months later now.

I may have yet another foaly in the oven.

This would be fabulous!

Go Nick Go Boy!!!!!

It only takes once if the timing is right.
new_shocked.gif

[SIZE=14pt]My little Jubilee is the result of one breeding on one day! Robert said his dad had 2 bay mares in the same lot and accidentally bred Sugar on one day instead of the other one! 352 days latter Jubilee is proof that it only takes ONE time to make a baby.....
wink.gif
Lyn
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Yep, if the timing is right, it only takes once! My 21 year old mare seems to have settled from being bred ONCE this year.
yes.gif

So Marty, you'll be on foal watch in March or April next year I guess, how COOL!!

How is Holly doing these days? How are YOU doing?

All it takes is one determined little
pinkswimmer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it only takes the once. I re-bred Abby on her foal heat (2 days) and
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Also the mare I just purchased is in foal as well so we will be expecting a foal in mid-May and another end of May beginning of June
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

Here is the beautiful result of Sugar's ONE TIME breeding to Wind River! Nice eh?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Keeping fingers crossed again for you!
yes.gif
biggrin.gif

DSCN1530.jpg

And the nice thing about that is you will know exactly when she conceived. The only thing you won't know of course is how long she decides to hold on to that baby.
biggrin.gif

Jan

Derby & Lou got the job done the first time as well, resulting in Skipper. I hope you'll be as happy with their foal as I am with my little Skipper
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back