Opinions on mini mule

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the morning I have to give Farah her Prevacox. I give it to her in a handful of hay pellets...so, of course, I have to give Prince some hay pellets as well.
because........this
Two Monkeys Were Paid Unequally: Excerpt from Frans de Waal's TED Talk - YouTube

I gave them the pellets where I knew Kazoo would see, he definitely was watching, so I offered him some. I stuck my hand between the rails and didn't look at him.....he came to within about 2 ft of my hand, stretched his neck out...but, just couldn't quite bring himself to trust me enough to take it out of my hand.....poor, little guy.....but, so close....

Yeah...I feel bad laughing at that video....it's so mean! That poor, little monkey 😆. I hope they gave her the bowl of grapes after that.

Kazoo checked out the stall today...he had just been staying in the turnout ...I guess he's starting to feel comfortable enough to explore a little...or he decided since I hadn't been eaten going in and out he'd be ok.

IMG_20220512_101401213.jpg

They're lucky s/he only threw the cucumber back. I wonder if it escalated to throwing the rock? Did s/he fight with the other monkey? Poor experimental critters.🥺

I'm glad that won't happen to Kazoo!!

Well....we probably took some steps back today.....when I got there Kazoo was out....ended up having to herd him back in ....probably going to hold that against me, but, later I sat with him for a bit and placed a bit of carrot about 15 inches away from me and after a few minutes he did get close enough to eat it.
A bigger problem is when he was out Farah was being so mean to him....at first they were standing kind of close together so I thought everything was ok....but, every time he got within a certain distance she would pin her ears and run him off 😲. Completely out of character for her...in 8 years I have NEVER seen her show any signs of aggression to anyone. She even went after Prince with her mouth open at one point....I think she was trying to keep them apart (when she went after Prince he was heading in Kazoo's direction)
Prince does seem to be a bit smitten with him.
Poor little Kazoo....I don't know if things will change after she gets to know him better or after he's gelded....I'm hoping maybe she'll bond with him a little when I take Prince for walks....but, I don't know. ☹️

Latest posts

Back