Ooh Appaloosa and pintaloosa breeders!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I know there were several appy and pintaloosa babies this year, let's see their baby pic and a new/current pic as we all know how notorious appies/pintaloosas are about changing color/patterns!

Our first was a black pinto (pintaloosa bred but no obvious appy yet, though he does have white hairs in some of his black patches, not sure if it's appy or sabino
default_unsure.png
)

100_2382.jpg

103_3228.jpg

Then we had this handsome hunk, born solid black but now at 2 months he's getting a lot of frosting and has a few darker spots on his rump
default_wub.png

101_2740.jpg

102_3583.jpg

Edit: oops, was supposed to go on the photo forum!! :doh

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the first one born is chestnut with characteristics.... but after he was clipped, I can see a smattering of white hairs amoungst the red, so am sure he will color out eventually like his mama and grandma did

Nutmegcoltwalk2008.jpg

Then born early in the morning, both at the same time in adjoining pens (oh that was a BIG surprize, trust me) was this little tiny dainty girl. Both parents Appy, but no spots here. She is so small and petite.

Dreamfillyeye71108.jpg

In the next pen was this little guy here...

Kota61308.jpg

Not great pics, but will have to dig through some more. They are all sired by Renegade this year.

This is Thousand Oaks Yashicas Little Chief. Sire is an Orion son and dam goes back to Chianti. He hasn't changed much at all since he was born.

Chief9229.jpg

This is Thousand Oaks Lancelots Lady Tia. At first we tought she had a blanket but it disappeared when she was clipped. She does have striped hooves, sclera and genital mottling.

LadyTia2258746.jpg

No pintaloosas this year, but I bred my pinto mare to a fewspot for next year.
default_aktion033.gif

Here are my three appy foals, love them all!

Crayonbox Midnight Sky

I love the wet photos, brings back memories of long anticipation and elation over a successful safe arrival!
default_wub.png

Calita.fillywet2.sm.jpg

Sky2.6-20-08.jpg

Crayonbox Color Me Autumn

appy roan, she has sprinkle of white hair over her rump now.

Autumn.6-20-08sm.jpg

Crayonbox Don't Worry Be Happy

The colt who got into so much trouble..

Happy.4.5-15-08.jpg

Happy.6-7-08.sm.jpg

Just love the foals already displayed. Of course I too love the app color.

I had 3 fillies this year, one is brand new and on another topic so I will list my older two.

First is Ebbie..black with spots as baby and then in June.

Then Copper as baby and in June.

The last picture was taken last week in pasture.

EBBIE12web.jpg

ebbielilb.jpg

cooperlilb.jpg

cooperlilbeg.jpg

Jul1820082.jpg

Thanks for the chance to do what I love most, show my babies off...Ha!

Sorry posted it twice but tried to remove

Here is one I love a lot Pleasant Views Simply Irresistable a black near leopard two year old colt. He is showing very well this year and should have several top ten all stars. He will driving next year too.

As a foal

MVC-046S.JPG

All grown up and showing

feather3.jpg

Heres another favorite Pleasant Views I'm Spot tacular she is an 08 black near leopard filly.

JRSlittlesis.jpg

Now at 3 months old

KittyandTina.jpg

Have several more but these are my two favs! Joyce

joyenes, love those babies and love the neck on that filly! Nice horses! You are collecting quite a nice group!
default_biggrin.png

Thank you Laurie! Yes it is starting quite a collection at that. I just love Kitty and can't wait until she's of age to breed with my new guy "Ace" CCMF Castlerocks Florida Spotty.Joyce

What gorgeous appy babies! Wow!

We've never had any appy breedng before but when I saw this little 28" mare last year I just couldn't pass her up. thinking about a little pintaloosa Cowboy baby.
default_yes.gif

So here is Honey's first foal for us....Anticipation She is just like her mom...a red dun pintaloosa. Mom doesn't really show her pinto characteristics except for the stockings. 'Annie' looks just pinto now, but has hoof striping and sclera so I feel sure her app characteristics will appear.

honeyfilly.jpg

Unfortunately Annie chose to be born just AFTER the photo shoot here! :DOH!

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back