Online/Video Training??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
I really want to work with my minis on their dressage and gait transitions. I'm running into a bit of a wall trying to find anyone local. Does anyone have any good online or video/dvd recommendations?

I haven't been able to find any videos just for that. My best resource has been Andy from Coachman's Delight. I purchase his lesson plans and have learned a lot from him. He is very good at explainations and diagrams for practicing. Check out his website. He is doing virtual training now too.

I haven't been able to find any videos just for that. My best resource has been Andy from Coachman's Delight. I purchase his lesson plans and have learned a lot from him. He is very good at explainations and diagrams for practicing. Check out his website. He is doing virtual training now too.

So I took a look at Coachman's Delight and I have no idea where to start! Were there any lessons you found particularly helpful? So much great stuff, just a little overwhelming...

Hi MC! Mostly I have paid for and downloaded lesson plans which are written material, but it looks like he offers new things as he goes along. I couldn't find the lesson called "Connecting with Contact" which was 7 pages but that really helped me understand the importance of contact and communication with your reins. The other lesson plan that is good is called "Building the Half Halt." It is 12 pages of instruction and then diagrams of how to practice it. This is used for both downward and upward transitions.

I looked through what he was offering now and as for classes the one I would be most interested in is called The Training Prism but it is $50. The other thing that looks really interesting to me is the Group Online Coaching which is only $30... but you may have to get someone to video you so he can discuss what to do, but you get to see everything he is telling everyone else. You might want to e-mail him and tell him what you want to learn and ask for class suggestions to take or even ask for him to produce a much needed video!

It looks like Kendra of miniaturehorsemanship.com has open registration for her Improving your Driving Mini course. I've emailed her to see when the course starts and am waiting to hear back. My minis are still south so I'd need to pick who I want to work with first and transport them home early. It sounds like it would be an awesome class.

I wish we all lived close because how fun would it be to get Andy to come do a clinic. But alas, we are spread from coast to coast!

That would be amazing! Once Muffy Seaton came to California and did a dressage clinic, which I audited only because Annie had just begun her training. Wish she was out here doing it now because the timing would be perfect for Rocko!
Let us know how the driving course goes.

I went to an Equestrian Center 30 minutes from my house today to watch a driving derby. There were no VSEs there, but saw some good drivers competing. I also learned that Andy Marcoux will be there for a driving clinic in September! There are a couple of other clinics before that, one guy who I have audited a clinic he put on in the past who was really good.
They hold CDEs at this place but there are very few minis that compete. They used to not even allow them but changed that a few years back. It is a really nice facility. My friend was the navigator for a beautiful Frisian Saddlebred horse so I got to ride on the back of the carriage from where they hitched to the arena. Highlight of my day!

You have to go to that clinic! I wish I were closer. Maybe send me the details when you find out? I could use a road trip.

Wow a friesian cross hitch, that had to be fun.

Latest posts

Back