Online Dating Services

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....update on online dating....have rcvd some contacts from a couple of wackos. One guy's profile said he was 31 years old, but looking for an older woman. He contacted me....I'll be 48 at the end of this month. Asked him why he was interested in older women and he just ran away. Think he's looking for a "mommy"?? Ewwww!! Already have 2 teenaged daughters and am NOT looking for anymore children especially the man variety!!

Am talking to a nice man I met through eharmony. He's not gorgeous, but his personality just shines. Funny, witty and smart. My brain has to be engaged before I can be attracted to anyone regardless of how gorgeous or hunky they are. If there's nothing upstairs, I'm not interested. I'm really enjoying talking to him. We will be switching from eharmony's email system to IM tonight, so will see how it goes. Really hope we get to meet.

Talking to another man via IM that contacted me through Yahoo Personals. Turns out that he lives around the corner from me. He wants to take me for a ride on his Harley!! Also wants to take me dancing. Now...I'm not, nor have I ever been a Miss Grace and don't know how to dance, so we'll have to see how that goes!!
default_wacko.png
May be meeting him this week. What does one wear to go country dancing anyway?? He said something about country swing dancing. What exactly is that and am I going to break anything if I try it??
default_biggrin.png

It's all kind of exciting. My heart rate is up and I'm really looking forward to getting out there and having some fun. Plenty of butterfiles doing flip flops in my belly though!!! Yep....I'm a nervous, scared to death, haven't dated for 26 years idiot!!! Deep breaths!!!
That is great Kim!! I am glad you have a couple guys you are talking with. The one right by you sounds nice, sounds like he wants to spoil you and you could use some spoiling!! Let us know how these go...

Further updates..........

Going out on my very first date in 26 years tonight!!! I am so scared, yet so excited that I feel like I will bust!!! Talked to the guy via IM for a long time last night and mentally, we just click!! Have I told you about him? He's a musician who plays the bag pipes (yes..kilt and all!!), dulcimer, fife, etc. Tons of personality and so smart. We're meeting for dinner at Applebees tonight at 6:00. As nervous as I am....I will be totally exhausted by then!!! I am so looking forward to it and hope we click in person too!! Did see him on his web cam last night.....really cute smile, long hair. Totally different then the straight laced guys I dated in the far, far past!! Just love his personality!!
default_biggrin.png
So different from Allen's flat line personality.
default_wacko.png

Please think of me tonight and hope I don't get so nervous and worked up that I totally blow it!!!

[SIZE=12pt]OK-first of all I want a date update~LOL Second-Steve and I met through E-harmony. I had been on Match.com for TWO YEARS and ZIPPO! I went on E-harmony and Steve was the second match they sent me
default_wub.png
He had met and dated someone (a whacko it turned out) on there the year before so it's certainly not foolproof. We e-mailed the first time on Jan. 31 2005-had our first date Feb. 26 2005-were married Dec. 31 2005-and had Zac October 20 2006!!
default_wub.png
Mom has also had great success on Americansingles.com and has met some great men
default_smile.png
Sorry for the typing. My comma key and enter bar are not working since we got hit by lightening![/SIZE]

Good Luck tonight Kim!!

You will be fine, just relax and be yourself, have some nice dinner and conversation and go with the flow...

I cant wait to hear how it went for you..

Missy

I had tried it before, and asides weeding though alot of, well, odd humans, did find a decent guy.

We broke up almost a year later due to stress issues on both ends- but it was someone who almost lived next Door to me, and I had just never seen.
default_smile.png

I have since started dating a friend who I have known for years, and just never realized how wonderful he is. (And we always were 'off' when the other was on, and as both of us had been serial monogamists, there was just never a right time till now!) We had always shared all our online stories, as we both work crazy hours. It's almost been 6 months now, and the brat is already talking about a fall wedding next year! I am rather cautious, but he is amazing, and is moving in with me next month.
default_smile.png

Good luck on your date!!!

Sorry guys!!! This talking to all hours at night has me totally exhausted!!

I can't begin to tell you how nervous I was!!! I was really, really proud of myself that I didn't totally chicken out!!! Anyway...........date was really nice. Tim is a really nice guy and a gentleman. Never really been on a blind date before so don't have anything to compare mine to. It wasn't at all awkward and the conversation was easy all throughout dinner. I can't tell you how nice it was to go out with an adult, sit down to a nice dinner and talk. Normally when I go anywhere, I have my 2 daughters with me. I really enjoyed it very much!!!

Tim and I have been talking via IM and the phone til late at night since then. Thus, my exhaustion!!! We will be going out again soon. I feel that he and I "click" and would like to explore that some more. Unfortunately, he is going away this weekend, so probably won't see him again until next week.

It was great and I'm really loving having a man pay attention to me!!! It's amazing what that does to lift your spirits after not getting any attention for years & years!!! Yes, I will be taking it slow, but so far have received no indication at all that he's looking for something "improper" with me. Just wants to get to know me better and see where things go. Oh......he calls ME a hottie!! ME!!! OMG!! Told him he needs to get his eyes checked!!!

So....for my very first date in 26 years and my very first online dating experience.......it was wonderful and I even if things don't work out between us, I know I have found a friend!!!
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Kim,[/SIZE]

That is AWESOME!!! Take it slow (yeah, I know I should talk~LOL) and have FUN!!!

Sorry guys!!! This talking to all hours at night has me totally exhausted!!

[...]

So....for my very first date in 26 years and my very first online dating experience.......it was wonderful and I even if things don't work out between us, I know I have found a friend!!!
default_yes.gif
Did I miss the posting where your divorce had been filed and was final?

No the divorce isn't final, but hubby is happily living with his new girlfriend. My girls are teenagers and don't want to spend time with mom unless I'm taking them shopping!! I work from home and live on a farm and have no opportunities to meet anyone. Just wanted to meet some people and have a little fun after 19 years of boredom. And I met a nice man who is interesting, has a great personality and is fun. I am enjoying myself for the first time in years!!!

That is wonderful Kim!!

I am glad you had a good date, and there is no harm in enjoying yourself and being treated well by a man... You deserve it!!

You remind me of when I was younger and had a new guy, We would stay up late talking on the phone ( no IM then) ... Its a nice feeling...

Now my husband just calls me alot each day and says he just wants to hear my voice!! He is so sweet!!

His name is Tim too! Maybe this is a good omen for you and your Tim!!

No pressure, if it feels right thats great and if no love feelings become there, you can never have too many friends!!

Keep us posted. I am so excited for you!

Missy
default_smile.png

Sorry for the lack of updates!!! Tim & I are still seeing each other. It's been 2 weeks now. Guys........I think I totally Lucked out in finding him.
default_wub.png
He is a wonderful man, very smart and funny....tons of personality, very sweet too! It truly seems like we've known each other for alot longer then 2 weeks. He's cooked us dinner (totally scrumptious!!), taken the girls and I to a rugby match where he played the bag pipes, taken my daughter and I out for our first time eating sushi (it was ok...don't know that I'd eat it again though). He's talking about us going rock climbing (I am so scared of heights!), white water rafting & kayaking. He loves going antiquing and we went to a place yesterday and poked around. He's attentive to my daughters and teases them and they really like him. He's come over a few times and played cards with the girls, their friends and I. He is just a wonderful person!!!

And you know what??? He likes me too!! I've never, ever received as much attention as he gives me. It's like.......WOW!!!! Somebody actually likes me and wants to do things with me. I just cannot tell you how happy I've been over the last couple of weeks!! Tired too though, not used to this much activity in my boring old life!!!! I am having soooooooo much FUN!!!!

So.......I guess I truly believe now that things happen for a reason. I'm glad Allen & I split up. I guess the 2 of us were "comfortable" together, but there wasn't any happiness or love there. I'm happy for the first time in many, many years. I can really see the difference between the old & new. It's like night & day!! And........I truly prefer the daylight!!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back