One year anniversary...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmejemima

Reaction score
Today marks the one year anniversary of when I had to have Chico, my gelding, euthanized because of colic.

chico5.jpg

Rest in peace, little man....you are not forgotten. Chico, you were the man! Right up until an hour before we put you to sleep, you were still doing your tricks for everyone, even though you were in so much pain. I still love you so much!

And the lyrics to the first song I heard on the radio while we were bringing his body back home....

"And I go back to the loss of a real good friend

And the sixteen summers I shared with him

Now "Only The Good Die Young" stops me in my tracks

Everytime I hear that song,

I go back...."

- Kenny Chesney "I Go Back" (from the album "When The Sun Goes Down")

To this day, I still get a tear in my eye everytime I hear this song. It was MONTHS before I could even listen to it. If I heard it come on, I'd have to change stations.

I'm very sorry about Chico....I know how hard it is to have anniversaries of a very much loved horses death. He'll always be in your heart.

Jessica

Chico looked like a sweetheart! I know you have good memories of him. That's what I try to keep in my heart when one of my animals/pets pass...you gave them a good home and they give you good memories and lots of love. My heart goes out to you on the anniversary of his death.

He knew that he was truly loved. As time goes by you begin to remember the good times and the heartache of their death becomes less painful.

Latest posts

Back