One of the best books I've read in a long time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BannerBrat

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hi all, [/SIZE]

I've thought about this for a few days & finally decided to post about a book I just finished reading called True Horsemanship Through Feel - Bill Dorrance. It does take a little bit of figuring out what exactly he means while he's explaining some parts, but I think this would be a great book for people new to horses & I think it would eliminate a good bit of mistakes most will make while their learning It's written with a western feel to it, but it's written by a cowboy, so it should be expected.
default_wink.png
It is quite a large book, but the way Mr. Dorrance explains his material is really good. Also I think this book is for anyone, miniatures up to the biggest horses, driving to jumping, to halter, to just enjoying their horse, I think you can take his information & make it work for you.
default_yes.gif

So, if anyones looking for a real good book with some valuable information on working with your horse & how a horse percieves different situation, I'd highly reccommend it.
default_biggrin.png

Very neat, Ashley! I'm enjoying reading some "equine philosophy" books by classical dressage masters and finding a lot of life lessons and interesting insights in them. Isn't it awesome how so many people in so many different disciplines can find the same truths?

Leia

Horse Training In-Hand: A Modern Guide to Working from the Ground: Long Lines, Long and Short Reins, Work on the Longe

I just ordered this
default_smile.png
And am looking forward to learning some new things to work on with our horses
default_smile.png

Angie

*yes Ash, I'll share it with you....

I'm reading Longeing and Long Lining the English and Western Horse, by Cherry Hill this summer!!
default_biggrin.png
[SIZE=12pt]I like that book![/SIZE]
default_wink.png

Horse Training In-Hand: A Modern Guide to Working from the Ground: Long Lines, Long and Short Reins, Work on the Longe
I just ordered this
default_smile.png
And am looking forward to learning some new things to work on with our horses
default_smile.png

Angie

*yes Ash, I'll share it with you....
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back