One more week

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I have to say first how much I appreciate Susanne and my friend Mary Graff for what they are doing for me next Saturday. They will both be here to get Duckie loaded, "That should be easy for Duckie". Then we will all climb in Marys rig and head south. Duckie will be heading for Allelulia Training Center to be trained for CDE/VSE driving. I know Duckie will be great at this. She is built to drive and will definitely love the attention. Once again she will be leaving her Dams side. At 6yo that shouldn't be an issue for her. This trainer comes highly recommended and so I

don't have to worry about checking on her every couple days. As much as I would like to say I will miss Duckie's help this winter. Sometimes her help isn't what a person needs when trying to clean stalls and fill water buckets. "How do they know if they stand on the hose it stops the water?"
default_no.gif

I swear I have caught her giggling when she does it. Then to make certain when I'm cleaning stalls that I get every little tiny piece of poo. Check each fork full to make certain I haven't taken a piece of hay by mistake. I'm hoping that next year her pictures will be there from the Happs event. Pulling me around in the cart with pride.

Here is a picture of Duckie's headshot. Not a real dishy face but I still like her head and neck. I also think she has a very nice throat latch.

Duckieheadshotsmall.jpg

That is her in the avatar. Alot of white but I think she will look very good in harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty girl! I hope she comes home and is all professional in her new job!!!!

Good luck! SHe is very pretty! Her head kind of looks like my mare Foxy. We want to train her to drive as well.

Foxy084HD.jpg

Thanks guys for your compliments on my Duck. Because I live in a small community and don't show I really don't get many opinions on my horses. It's nice to hear yours. I've always thought Duckie was special. But barn blindness can certainly affect all of us. I can't wait to see her under harness and hitched up doing what I know she was bred to do.

Yes and your mare is very pretty. I love her head. I tend to really like the dappled horses. Just something about those underlying blotches that makes them stand out.

default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been to her place but Sandy McCormick definitely gets my "stamp of approval" as a trainer.
default_yes.gif
She'll take good care of Duckie! I look forward to seeing her driving.

Leia

Thanks everyone after the Koda fiasco it's nice to know that Sandy comes highly recommended and Duckie will be well cared for. What a difference this will make for me. I'm so looking forward to her coming home trained to drive. I'm hoping she will be that calm anyone can drive her horse. She is so sweet and so loves the human attention.

Latest posts

Back