one mare due to foal. COLT! born 24/9/12 :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh thanks for the pics Cassie - love the one of your gorgeous Cav!
default_thumbup.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

no worries
default_smile.png
Casper thought it was really clever as he jumped up on there himself LOL cutie!

Classic has more of a V look to her tonight and her teats are starting to fill just a little, but no milk deposits yet that Karen says she will definitley have right before foaling so we should be safe... but knowing miss Classic, I'm sure she will test us a few times again tonight LOL

she is very uncomfy already tonight...

I always seem to have issues viewing her on camera... Right now its just a black screen, hmmmmm.. Cant wait to see new photos
default_smile.png
When I bring up the cam it does this to me sometimes. Right about the time I am ready to give up the black screen goes away and you get to see the cam. Sometimes its pretty quick and other times seems to take forever!

yes it doees take a while n I am not sure why sorry will email heather in the morning... classic down sternal,,, not normal for her i am hoping she is just resting... :/

your right Diane she is carrying quite high for a broodmare, when the vet did the scan he said baby was sitting pretty much in her rib cage poor thing no wonder she is uncomfy! LOL I think she has dropped some over night, oh and when the vet did the scan he thought the baby had about 2-3 weeks left... hence the september 25th due date...

she is alot more elongated this morning then I have seen her... but her udder seems to have pretty much disapeared... :/

farrier is coming today so I'm just glad that she will get her feet trimmed poor thing...

oh she is 34.5" tall... so not a huge mare, but she is a taller mare... I'll ask Karen how big she has gotten with previous foals...

oh and I should tell you (without putting to much info in) she was a little skinny when she came to me... so I'm not sure if that could have something to do with it? :/ or it could be just the way she carries
default_smile.png

Dont know why, but I thought this was her first foal! Therefore I have to agree with you Diane - where is her large brood mare tummy (wish my girls looked as trim as her after a foal or two! LOL!!) But of course she could just keep developing an udder steadily and then suddenly 'drop' in her tummy at the last minute. Or she could just be carrying a small foal and little 'fluid'??? Glad your farrier is coming Cassie, I'm sure she will be a bit more comfortable after a trim.

Keep the pictures coming please.
default_yes.gif

What kind of a feeding schedule is she on, Cassie? I really believe she could use quite a bit more weight -- if she's not to be "brought down" after foaling this little one. She doesn't look to have much in the way of reserve -- especially if she produces a little "colt" -- who will certainly run her about a bit!

She's such a pretty girl. I think I'd be putting lots of feed to her and let her be grazing grass or hay constantly! Hope everything goes well for her! I'm still thinking an October foal! HA! I guess we'll have to wait and see!
default_whistling.gif
I really hope she doesn't have an October foal! I want to take Suzie to the AMPS state show in the middle of October, but if Classic hasn't had her foal I can't just in case she does have rotavirus and Suzie then carries it... you know?

really hoping for a mid to late september foal... the 18/19th is good as the 18th is my mum's birthday and 19th is Karen's birthday.

Anna, Diane I will PM you with regards to her weight... believe me when I say I am building up her feed and weight.

thinking she may have dropped just a little more tonight... what do you guys think??
default_smile.png

020.JPG yesterday

004.JPG tonight

baby is obviously not in position... but...I think it is sitting lower...?

Her belly probably looks closer to the ground coz you've just had her feet trimmed....
default_new_rofl.gif
No but seriously she does look a slightly bit bigger to me, but I'm far from expert.

She does look a little lower Cassie, but that might be that she has now relaxed in her new home - plus the extra 'goodies' she is getting!

Yes I am on a mac.... Wish I could watch! She definitely looks a bit lower in that last photo but geez my Summer looks much bigger and we still have no clue whats going on! Lol go figure! Cant wait to see what this pretty girl pops out!

haha some mares carry different to others Lexi, this girl is quite old... at 21 years of age... so.

Felt the foal move again this morning, have felt it for a little while lol poor little thing I reckon must be starting to run out of room in there... a week ago it was moving around so much I could see it on camera now I have to look and feel to feel a small kick or turn poor baby!

HAHAHA anyone watching my camera at the moment? my horses are going crazy from the wind!! LOL while Classic just calmly eats her grqass wondering what they are all going on about LOL funny things! you can see Finn and Penny at the side fence funny kids!

if your watching and thinking that Classic has shrunk and changed colour LOL your not seeing things... I let Suzie in when I took her rugs off as they both looked like they wanted to do some grooming... and now Suzie is hogging the camera LOL brat! Classic has been hiding in the shade of the stables all afternoon, its quite warm here today
default_smile.png

Argh sounds like you're sharing our wind, isn't it horrid!

Yes it is :/ I really wish it would rain!!!

Has anyone here been watching once upon a time? Just watched the next three episodes tonight at a friends place the wolves eyes are haunting me n the dolls yuck!

Classics udder felt a bit fuller tonight.... Just as long as she waits tillagter Friday night I'll be happy...

I think Classic did a little shopping overnight...

from two days ago... today

002.JPGclassic.jpg

two days ago.... today

003.JPG 003.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
ok maybe there isn't as much as I thought... I can definitley feel a difference LOL :/

haha Diane I saw her having a rest in the middle of her stable, what a good girl
default_smile.png

Once upon a time, has just finished on tv here, but I didn't get a chance to watch it, so my friends and I have been watching a few episodes every wednesday night
default_smile.png
we watched 5-7 last night no. 7 was sooooo sad!! I won't spoil it for ppl who have yet to watch it... but Diane you might know what I'm saying when the witch squeezes his heart?!!!!

default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back