On The Road Again to The Nationals....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather

Reaction score
Its time to be preparing for the annual Road Trip to the Nationals for a lot of "R" members.

Tulsa's weather forecast currently Low "90's to 60's" but swinging to Low "80's to 60's" WITH RAIN at the start of the Nationals.

Umbrellas & fans with a smile are required!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Shopping & food & fun anyway you drive from National's in close range.

Lowe's, Target, Sears, Food -Food-Food, Reasor's grocery & Walmart's grocery, Gordman's,

Hidden Treasure's gifts, dollar store, Walgreens drug, ALL ACROSS THE STREET from fairgrounds.

Of course the fairgrounds has alot of contruction ongoing but not in the show's way.

Tulsa University is a couple blocks away & should have a football game on a Saturday night, plenty of tickets.

New HUGE score board & redone stadium. etc, etc. New Tulsa Arena open down town, world class.

Most motels are a few miles south(21st to 41st -- distance) & some on I-244(under construction(overlay) a mile north.

Mac D's, Arby's, Subs, Rib-Crib, Merrieta's Bakery(GREAT), Burger Street, Coney's(GREEK PLACE), Burger King, Quizzino's,

Taco Bell's, laundry(washing), etc, etc, etc ALL less than a mile WEST of fairgrounds(DUE TO TU = NW of fairgrounds).

BE SAFE on the ROAD & HAVE FUN FUN FUN.,,,, IT THE "R" NATIONALS AGAIN!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

See you there. Will be leaving Tuesday afternoon and be there that evening--only a 2 1/2 hr drive for me. Will be there the entire time. Vacation HERE I COME--Vacation, what is that, I'll have 4 horses there.
default_unsure.png

Can't wait to meet up with everyone and find out how the year has gone. Everyone be safe and we'll see you there.

i will be there sometime wed. We are leaving tue am i hope! its about 20hrs for us cant wait to see everyone!!

please come see me!!

Amanda

Thank you for the information, my first year going but will be with Sheryl and the gang so they should know their way around. Meeting Sheryl at the KY horse park tuesday morning and then we are Tulsa bound thursday morning. See you guys in Tulsa
default_saludando.gif

Thank you for the information, my first year going but will be with Sheryl and the gang so they should know their way around. Meeting Sheryl at the KY horse park tuesday morning and then we are Tulsa bound thursday morning. See you guys in Tulsa
default_saludando.gif
Leeana, If you have any problems once you hit the KY border just let me know. I'm about 30 min from the Horse Park and I'd be glad to stow away in your truck and go with you. Just gotta hide me so Mike can catch me, for some reason he thinks he needs me to help run the business. Bet he wouldn't even miss me.
default_wink.png

We are leaving at about 3:00am Tuesday. Not looking forward to the drive, but am really excited about our trip to Tulsa. This is our first trip going to Nationals. Hope to meet some people from the Forum while we are there.

We are leaving early am weds. 9/3 and will arrive thurs afternoon with 5 horses on board, its a steady 18 hour drive alone from the Pittsburgh Pa area not counting stops for fuel, food, and haying/feeding/watering. We will be the entire time and we will be heading back on the 14th for pulling back in Pa on the afternoon of the 15th. We are staying at the Guest House Suites that is a fully equiped place with everything since we will be there for so long of a time. Looking forward in seeing everyone in Tulsa and having some fun with some great people ! Safe travels everyone to Nationals !

We are staying at the Guesthouse Suites, too. Have you stayed there before? Is it nice?

We are staying at the Guesthouse Suites, too. Have you stayed there before? Is it nice?
We will be staying at Crestwoods Suites in Tulsa...anyone else staying their?

Hi Judi, what a kind offer
default_wub.png
. Will be driving down with dad so he will probably head back with the truck though
default_smile.png

We have a 14 hr drive straight thru - not counting gas, food, etc. So we'll be leaving sometime
default_thumbdown.gif
in the wee hours of Wed. morning to arrive Wed. ?sometime. It always exhausts me but the only way to get there from here (Wisconsin near Milwaukee). My filly is in a youth class on Thursday and we're staying for the whole thing. In fact we may be in the last class of the show.

We're renting a camper and staying at the campgrounds.

I am so jealous that I can't make it to Nationals, I made the decision to go to Worlds as all my horses are going, versus nationals where I was going to send my (our) stallion. Money is just too tight, and as I focus on my A program more, it made more sense to go to Worlds for me! Maybe next year!

Have a wonderful time and good luck!!

We are leaving around 7 am on Tuesday the 2nd. This is my first year at Nationals and we are bringing 8 Horses and three kids who will be showing the first week. Wish me luck, I will need it.

We are planning to go up the 9th and maybe the 10th too. I wish I knew how to find you all and meet you! Me & hubby will be wandering around (hopefully with Lori, forum name "Magic")

I LOVE meeting forum members!
default_yes.gif

We are leaving sometime early Tues--hoping to get there noonish or a bit later. We are taking 2. chose to downsize this year rather than skip altogether. we skipped last year and missed it badly since it was our first miss since we started in 1996. Will have our cell phones with us so you can pm me for the # so you can call me when you get there and we can find each other for a few min chat.

Angie

WE WILL BE LEAVING THURSDAY MORNING, ONLY ABOUT 6-7 HOUR TRIP FOR US. WE WILL HAVE 6 WITH US. WE WILL BE AT THE CRESTWOOD SUITES ALSO, WE HAVE STAYED THERE FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS.

We stayed at Guesthouse Suites last year, Bruce booked 11 suites there and they are great to stay at. See you there in Tulsa, we will be stalled with Dawns Chase Farm, McCarthy's Lakeside Stables, and Taylors Pony farm Come stop by and say "hello".

Last edited by a moderator:
We are leaving Friday morning. It's only a five hour trip for us. Five horses, three dogs, three people. I'll be the lady with the large Chocolate Lab and tiny JRT. Jane will have her JRT with her, too.

I'm actually staying in the stabling area. Jane will stay in the trailer. We heard there is a MAJOR problem with theft there this year. So, this will protect all our stuff.

Lucy

On our way Tuesday morning, caravaning with Shelley. About 20 hrs. so be there Wednesday. 4 of mine, 3 of another in the trailer! First time to Tulsa Nationals. Looking forward to it!!!

Will be ganging with Leana, Sheryl, Deana, and Shelley.

Remember -- what happens in TULSA STAYS IN TULSA!!
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back