On The Road Again to The Nationals....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there early Saturday morning after my long 1 hr 45 min drive even with a stop at McDonald's on the way!
default_poke.gif
Look for Mike, me, and horses with B&B Training!

I'm jealous of all of you getting there earlier than me!

We are leaving Friday late afternoon and will arrive sometime on Saturday morning 14 hours later. This is the first Nationals that I have personally been able to attend in the past 2 consecutive years (prior years I had work conflicts). I am so looking forward to visiting and "shopping". Safe travels to all.

We are leaving Friday and will be there Friday afternoon! Not a too long trip for us about 5-6 hours total. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

We'll be leaving here bright and early Thursday morning and arriving Thursday evening. I'm so excited! 1 week to go!

Ernie is leaving OH Thursday morning and should be there late Thursday evening.

Leaving and arriving on Sunday, unless we have a hurricaine and then I don't know what I'm doing.
default_wacko.png

Hi Everybody,

We are leaving sometime Monday night, driving through, estimating 15 hours. Will stop to rest, feed and water the horses. I'm VERY nervous about the drive, just me and hubby (and our dog) and hubby can't be doing any of the driving. Sarah will leave with the Double Diamond gang Sunday to get the tack sales set up.

We are bringing 10 horses, 8 to show and two babies to try to sell for our friends from KSB miniatures. We have friends on their way or have already left for the Reece Sale this weekend. Busy traveling weekend!

We are usually in the barn right across from the venders. We will near Laura Tennill and the folks from Canada. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Please stop by to introduce yourself!!

Kay

Leaving on Fri, only takes about 5-6 hours. Hubby is gonna be able to go, so we are taking 6 horses and 3 dogs. We consider this to be our vacation, but I have never worked that hard on vacation before!!!!

Hope everyone arrives safe, and the most important.....HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thinking out loud??? A FUTURE THOUGHT

What kind of idenity marked could we employ around our stalls to say"I'm a forum member....

Wouldn't that be a whole lot easier for shows: be it the Nationals; World; or even a local show?

Every year we chase up & down the stalls to bump into someone from the forum by accident;

outside our normal groups of known people.

Could it be a Forum flag, or banner or signage or decal, etc., etc.

It would have to be easy to identify & placed common in useage.

Come on you Advertising people!

Lets adds some spice to 2009's show season & show our forum pride.

That's a great idea. I really like it. Sure wish there was something like that this year. Would love to meet some people from the Forum.

We are leaving early Thursday morning and getting there late Thursday morning. We are only 2 1/2 hours away, I love it
default_laugh.png

We will be in the barn across the building that has the vendors.

Dr Cheryl Powell a I are leaving NC monday morning early, I am going down there tomorrow so my trip really starts after lunch tomorrow! I am so happy to have the chance to go. I was afraid that with the germany trip this year I was not going to get to go. Luckily, my husband bred Lexie... not intentionally but hey, God works in mysterious ways.... so I have puppy money to go to nationals! My dogs love me and are always cooperative! lol

Anyway. See you all there wed around noon!

Lyn

Just thinking out loud??? A FUTURE THOUGHTWhat kind of idenity marked could we employ around our stalls to say"I'm a forum member....

Wouldn't that be a whole lot easier for shows: be it the Nationals; World; or even a local show?

Every year we chase up & down the stalls to bump into someone from the forum by accident;

They make / sell the lilbeginnings t-shirts and buttons...i have the 07' shirt and button around here somewhere, not sure if they did that agian in 08? Neat idea..

We are not going to Nationals this year. We wish everyone a safe trip and much success in the show ring.

NATIONALS WEATHER FORECAST:

Two fronts coming together plus Hunicane aftermath == RAIN Rain & Rain

Also cooler weather --60's to low 80's = = Light jackets & umbrella's

SE corner of fairgrounds = 21st/Yale,,,,,,ONE mile East = 21st & Sheridan

AVOID--AVOID --Avoid Sheridan between 21st & 41st INSANE CONSTRUCTION DELAYS

I-244 north of fairgrounds = overlay on highway,,,not to bad yet

default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Just thinking out loud??? A FUTURE THOUGHTWhat kind of idenity marked could we employ around our stalls to say"I'm a forum member....

Each of us could just make a one page sign to put on our stall front--maybe next to our table--that says "LB FORUM MEMBER" and our forum name on bottom. Maybe all the same color?

Leaving in about 6 hours--can't sleep--too excited
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif

We are packing like crazy here. We will be heading out early Wednesday morning for a LONG drive. Looking at 16+ hours with stops. My Mom and I will be hauling 3 horses, 2 small children
default_wacko.png
, and my mom's dog. The excitement is growing...can't wait to get there. My son is super excited. He will be headed off in a few hours for his first day of school, then off to nationals for his first time showing there.

I hope I can meet a few of you there. We will be stalled by Claybury training center. Stop buy and say hi.
default_saludando.gif

Drive Safe

Leaving in about 6 hours--can't sleep--too excited
We are leaving at midnight tonight....i still need to pack and run to walmart and get some things...i am bad
default_laugh.png
. Should be at Sheryls sometime late tommarow morning
default_biggrin.png
. Everyone have a safe trip
default_smile.png

This will be the first time in 9 years we are not competing at Nationals. Missing is harder than I ever imagined!!! This is Patty's last year as a Youth, but she's off to college. We said if she got Queen this year we would go and work out the college thing, but it didn't happen. As it turns out, financially and personally, not going is a positive thing, and I have to remember that. Patty will be up for the last weekend, so look for her in center ring. Not sure if I'll be able to come up--Mom is having more surgery.

Be safe!!

Have fun!!

Max out the credit cards--Lisa at Ozark is ALWAYS happy to help you with that one!!

And to emphasize what Field of Dreams said--watch your stuff. Theft is a BIG problem there!!!

Love to all,

Dr. Pam

We leave Friday morning, be there late Friday afternoon/early evening, it's about an 8-9 hour trip for us. Hoping we will miss the worst of the bad weather by then. Be careful, all of you going earlier in the week!

We are stalled - I think - across from the vendors this year. New location for us, and not such a long hike!
default_smile.png

Jan

Latest posts

Back