On the Campaign Trail

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my horses to town recently to do a little campaigning for a local candidate. Dapper Dan pulled the cart and Hawk tagged along, just so he didn't feel left behind and also for a little town exposure. I had attached sleigh bells to the breast collar, and some people came out of their houses because they thought the ice cream man was coming!

I was proud of my boys. The signs flapped around a little and we made every dog in town go into a frenzy. They didn't bobble. It was pretty hot, too, and Dapper Dan was carrying two adults, one who kept climbing in and out of the cart as she was handing out bags of goodies.

It was fun! Some people called out "You've got my vote!" Hopefully those were registered voters!
default_laugh.png

Not sure how effective we were garnering votes, but our candidate was second out of 6 and is going to a runoff vote. So we will be back on the campaign trail.

I think we've figured out some better ways to attach the signs next time, though.

Here we are, almost ready to go.

campaigning.jpg

Aw thats cute!! Way to go its fun to do stuff like that. Bet 'Stan' appreciated it!

You always seem to have a great time getting your horses together for parades and the like...great photos, Thanks!!

Stan sure has a funny last name LOL

I am embarrassed about the reins laying on the ground in the picture. I was trying to check all my straps and she wanted to take pictures. She isn't a "horsey" person, so she wants to be helpful but doesn't quite know what to do. And sometimes Dapper Dan says he's had enough of hanging stuff on him, he is ready to get going.

There are dozens of Funkhousers in our area. One rural road has so many living on it, that it is called "Funkhouser Freeway".

I do enjoy taking my hroses places and showing people how much fun they can be. I am finally at a time in my life when I am free & able to do this.

Latest posts

Back