On Jenny Stare......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aktion033.gif
new_multi.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
new_multi.gif
aktion033.gif

She is absolutely adorable!! Love her colour! Love her name! Now I wish my Jenny was bred this year. Thanks for the foal fix!

She is doing a little better, I think she just needs time to strengthen her tendons....

Hopefully that is all.....SHe is moving around alot better, but still not like she should be.....

Here's a dried off pic:

blessing018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
she is soooooooo cute! look at that little dished head!!!!!

here is a picture taken today of the back of my jenney. see that stuff on her vulva? looks sore of like dried blood. what does that mean? shes a LOT looser than yesterday.

preg12-22a.jpg

am i driving you all nuts with this??

congrats again KS - she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wub.gif
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

OMG - do I have a man for her LOL She is adorable!

Winchester...

I bet her bag will show up soon! Though by the looks (and I can only compare to Grace) Her teats looked like Gracie's at 10 days before - then she got a slight bag then a huge bag the day of.

Winchester, that looks to me like it cold be dried urine, on a dark colored animal when urine dries it dont look like a clear urine would normally look, it has a tendency to change to a color more like a orangeish-red, so it could easily be confused with blood. Your jenny dont look like she is ready to have that baby just yet, her vulva should be much more relaxed and it will appear to look alot longer also. I am no vet and only giving you my opinion here, I think if you are really concerned about the discharge you should have your vet look at her. KS-little Blessing is a doll. What area of the hindend does she seem to be stiff in? Regardless, she is a doll, and can come and live by me anytime! Corinne

She was down kinda on her ankles at first, but now is up on her hooves.....Back end looks much better, but her front legs seem to be bowing a little.....Everyone told me being in the bedded area with straw is harder for her, but I have to with our weather....ALSO the little skin like flaps on the bottom of her hooves are REALLY thick..... Someone suggested she may have been a little early, I know tendons sometimes take a little time to strengthen.....Definately is working her back legs better now.... If she isn't better in 24-48 hours then the vet will see her, but you have to give the hooves time to harden up and he said that most of them start to straighten up on their own after 48 hrs. I have never had any of my miniature horses or previous miniature donkeys have this problem, but a friend once had a QH foal have problems like this, and he straightened up a litttle after 48hrs, then the vet cemented hindges on his hooves to keep him upright.

She is already upright on her hooves now, but I am concerned now with the front legs looking more bowed. We may have to splint them if she doesn't get better.

But she is up & nursing, and doing well otherwise....Thank Goodness it is warmer here, suppose to be 55-60 tomorrow so maybe I can let her out of the stall for a little bit so she can walk on something besides straw.

Oh, My, she is so gorgoeus, just wonderful. I hope everything turns out ok for her, what a little sweetheart she is!
wub.gif

Congrats on the foal!!! I am so glad all went well with her delivery! I hope she gets to walking better soon! SHE is such a sweet looking baby! I lover her name!

RNR

KsCowgirl,

Marnie told me to check out your new baby on the Donkey Forum!

She is just adorable!

Love her name, "Winter Blessing!"

OH MY!!! I just know that I have to get me a little long eared donkey!!!!

Back