On Jenny Stare......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked her again, her fluid is REALLY STICKY and appears to be opaque, but not white yet.....

Oh it was so funny, my 7 year old daughter asked why in the world I was taking pics of her udder, and I told her so I could post it, she says mom you know they may think you are weird if you do that, and I said oh no honey, these are other horse and donkey people they will understand!LOL......She looked at me like I was Crazy!LOL
new_shocked.gif

oh man KS - i bet your donkey will foal sooner than mine. mine doesnt even have a bag yet. did you have a baby last night??im off to the barn to check again!!!

WOW
new_shocked.gif
Just goes to show these jennies will go when THEY want to LOL The day Gracies uds looked like that and had milk ahe had Vernon within 12 hours!

I am anxiously awaiting these births
smile.gif

i just got back from the barn, and she the past 3 days she doesnt look nearly as big as she did in those pictures. its like she kept getting bigger and bigger and then she shrank. how is that possible?
wacko.gif
i guess she has more time to foal then i thought??

Miniature Donkeys, on average, carry a foal for 12 months. Average Gestation: 11 months, 3 weeks, 5 days. (Unlike other animals, donkeys can carry their foals from 11 months to 13 months.)

yup - knew that. we have no idea when she was bred so that doesnt really help us out. wish we had some idea!

Winchester Farms said:
yup - knew that. we have no idea when she was bred so that doesnt really help us out. wish we had some idea!
526171[/snapback]

From our donkey birthing book it said something like when the baby gets ready to approach the canal he moves therefor her look changes. Did you post a pic of her little uds yet? Is this her first I can't remember if you knew that or not? I know when we got Grace we thought "anyday" because they had no clue when she was bred - but she continued to add signs weekely until his birth. I think I said this before but one of her last signs was a bag. Is she stretching or itching her backside? Is she getting grouchy? (The day of Grace did not want us to touch her)

Oh my!! I haven't been here is days and we are still under baby donkey watch!! Those poor mommas to be!! They do look miserable!!

Maybe all will have a Christmas Eve baby!!

Nothing yet, but now she has wax/dried mild balls on her teats, and if you touch them it just squirts out. My other jenny that foaled in October, didn't go till her milk changed to white. Still waiting for that, but she can't go much longer.....It is warming up and I think that is what she is waiting for, it is 30 degrees here, and Suppose to be warmer tomorrow and by Friday suppose to be 50-60!!!!!!!!! Perfect weather for her to foal!!!!!

Christmas morning or eve would be neat, but I have a feeling she won't wait that long....
yes.gif

Will update you as soon as something new happens!

oh lordy. yours will definately go first. im so excited for you. i bet she foals tonight!!!! i bet yours will be a jennet!! can't wait for the good news!!!
aktion033.gif

alright guys i need help. maybe i am totally wrong in thinking we are close to foaling. here are pictures from the 18th:

preg12-18c.jpg

preg12-18b.jpg

preg12-18a.jpg

she looked like she was going to explode! now look at today! what happened?????

preg12-21c.jpg

preg12-21b.jpg

i took a picture of her non-exisiting udder and vulva if you want to to see it. what do you guys think??
no.gif
sad.gif

Winchester:

I think the foal is moving around, when they lay transverse it makes them look huge, but when they move into position for birth, sometimes they look like they where never pregnant....That's what my Ivory Jenny did she was huge, then the baby kicking and moving the next day she looked like she had already had it, I had her stalled so there was no way, but he had moved into position into the birth canal..... I don't think your jenny is to far off, but I would think she would make a bag first......But no two jenny's are the same
wink.gif

My Jenny has had a bag for well over a month, and just now is getting so FULL and before her teats where more pointed in and now they are straight down and full!!!

My guess would be Jan/Feb.... If she has no bag yet.....

Well I better get out and get chores done, I need to put FRESH straw down in her stall........Keeping my fingers crossed it will be soon!

*edited* to fix spelling errors.....I need some sleep, this foal watch is taking it's Toll!!!
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Winchester, I hate to burst you bubble here,
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
but I had a jenny who looked alot like yours ..was just huge, ready to explode any day, all of a sudden it seemed like there was nothing,
no.gif
well, the "NOTHING" stayed like that for almost 3 weeks, and then she balooned out again, she had the baby one month AFTER she balooned out the second time.
wub.gif
Luckily, I was the one who bred her so I knew her exact breeding date, but you still have to remember there, not like horses- it takes from 11 to 13 months. If your jenny has no bag its going to be awhile for you yet......but then again, I have a rescue jenny here who went from no bag to a full bag, in 3 days and had her baby on the 3rd day...she was so skinny you didnt even know she was bred, but when we loaded her into our trailer I seen her V, everyone said she wouldnt be able to sustain a pregnancy but 2 months after saving her life she had a healthy little boy.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
yes.gif
wub.gif
SOOOOoooo, KS--come on now GO JENNY GO!
biggrin.gif
Corinne

aktion033.gif
12:15 am IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wub.gif
wub.gif

She is Adorable!!!!!!!! Pics will come tomorrow(or today when I have time to load them) I am heading back out to make sure she gets up and Nurses!!!!

She is still drying but appears to be a Blue-eyed White(Ivory)

More to come!!!!
wink.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS EARLY
biggrin.gif

I have been checking often and I was so thrilled to read this this morning
yes.gif
CONGRATS and I can't wait for pics !

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to get pics soon, I am concerned though, as it is taking her awhile to get moving, she stands ok, and will nurse, but isn't moving her back end like she should, I think she is a little weak, and maybe was so cramped in the womb, hubby says give her a little time, but I am so used to them zooming around the stall by now, I know the straw is harder to walk in, but it has to be in there with the weather.

I just pray she will be running around in no time.....

Here are a couple pics of her taken right after she was born...............

blessing004.jpg

blessing010.jpg

We have named her Blessing.......
wub.gif

YAHOOOOOOOO!! CONGRATULATIONS, what a little doll!
wub.gif
I am so glad everything went well with the birthing. How is Mom doing? I love the name--WINTER BLESSING, how very apropiate, and perfect!
yes.gif
How is her backend doing? I hope everythign will be alright. Give her a ((hugg)) from me....and now you can get some sleep!
wink.gif
WInchester, how are things doing by you today? Corinne

KS - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is GORGEOUS!! i knew your jennet would foal last night!!!! im so happy for you!!! now my jennet ,
crybaby.gif
she is driving me nuts. maybe you are right meadowridge. maybe she isnt due until another 2 months. its crazy though - she has loose muscles and when i check her in the morning her vulva has what looks something like crusty blood on the whole length of her vulva, which i heard means her capallaries are breaking from the pressure, is that right? i can see little red capallaries? on the inside of her vulva as well. she seems to be getting cranky and wasnt to eagar to take her animal crackers today, although she did eat them. maybe it's all in my head, and i'm going insane! haha i posted pictures of what she looked like yesterday. oh well. im hoping she is one of those late baggers! KS congrats!!! and post many more pictures!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
new_multi.gif
488.gif
cheers.gif

Latest posts

Back