On Jenny Stare......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Well my jenny appears to be getting close, her bag is full and tight, still clear sticky fluid.....But she is now in the stall with heat lamps and I have my camera on her......She doesn't seem to care for all the fuss... Probably because the man I bought her from ran her in a pasture with his cows and other donks, so all this fuss is not something she is used to.

She was suppose to be due in Oct. with my other Jenny, but OBVIOUSLY she didn't take in her first couple heats.

So we are keeping a close eye on her, so the foal will get dried off asap with these freezin temps.

I have been watching her for 2 months.....hopefully she will decide to give us our present before Christmas!!!!
wink.gif

I don't know much about donkeys Donkying or what ever it is! But If she were a horse I say she is getting close!!

RNR

Yiikes
new_shocked.gif
Grace didn't get fluid until the night she had Vernon. You are close and I'd be keeping an eye on her closely too. Can't wait to here this birth story - hmmm "Frosty" sounds like a good name LOL

Any thing yet??? I am getting excited for you and want to know how she is this morning????

Still nothing.......It is suppose to get really cold the next two days, I was hoping she would have it before the snow starts, high of only 10-14 degrees the next two days then it is suppose to be up in the 40's by Sat.

SO now I hope she holds out for Sat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wacko.gif

Lasat late pregnancy we had the mom didn't go until middle of December..it was cold...luckily we were with her thru the birth and helped her out with drying her baby. Baby was up and out running in the pasture the next day. Baby was one who didn't mind being out in teh cold weather at all, but she didn't like the warm summer days...

I hope all is well and that you can be with mom when she foals.

I think she is holding out for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bag is tight!!!! It is suppose to snow tonight and temps drop!!! The weekend is suppose to be back in the 40's...Now I hope she holds out for the weekend.

Just pray for a helathy happy foal.

After the week I have had I need something good.(Had a miniature mare miscarry her foal, it was a filly, she was around 7 months along. That happened Sun. & today my grandma who was 95 passed away.)

So I am praying for a good outcome on this birth.

Well I am praying for you guys! For a good outcome on this new LIFE!

RNR

Oh boy oh boy! She has got to be getting close by now! Waiting patiently!
yes.gif
Lori

Whats going on! I hope all is well!

RNR

RNR said:
Whats going on! I hope all is well!
RNR

519403[/snapback]

Still waiting.............
wacko.gif

How long can a jenny go with a bag??? She is finally filling out her nipples, so I think we are much closer, the weather is up in the 40's during the day for the week, I am Praying she will have it soon.....Her fluid is still clear, but will really squirt out....So hopefully I will have good news soon!!!

I have been talking to this little one everynight telling him/her that they need to come out and play now, especially since the weather isn't freezin!!!~~~~~But so far it isn't listening to me
wink.gif

Any news today?? I had a jenny hold out on me for almost 1 month, and then right before (and I dont mean as in 'the foal is getting in position") she narrowed down so bad, you would of thought there was nothing left in her, and 2 days later she was as big as a elephant, and had her baby that evening. If her nipples are filling out, your getting close, and also the clear liquid can change VERY fast. I have had clear in the morning and a baby in the afternoon! Hope you have some good news for us soon. Maybe she/he is going to wait out this snowstorm we're all getting!
wink.gif
Corinne

Latte016.jpg

Does this look miserable or what!!!! I tried to get her udder, but it all my pics blurred. Darn camera. She has a full bag and the nipples have filled out and are no longer touching. Still Clear sticky fluid.

Anyone want to put in a guess????
wink.gif

Never thought of that!LOL But it is hard to do by yourself!HEHE
wink.gif

Never anyone around here when I need them!
wacko.gif

I know what you mean...I have the same problem!
biggrin.gif
Are her nipples straight down or sticking outward? Corinne

THat Jenny looks like she is going to explode!!! Come on give that baby up!! We want to see it!! Baby hogging Jenny!!

RNR

She's GONNA BLOW! LOL

I bet she'll go before Christmas ;)

Latest posts

Back