OMHCI Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albahurst

Reaction score
Anyone who went to the OMHCI Clinic today, it would be great hearing from you about the event--- what great tips can you share
default_smile.png
I would love to have gone, but it just didn't work out. So, hoping to hear from you all!

Peggy

I would love to hear about it too! An OMHCI clinic was my first horse show about 10 or 12 years ago with my first horse Quinton who I bought from WeeOkie (Rita Jenkins)! It was so cold! I remember wondering how I was going to be able to take off my jacket to show and when the time came I was so nervous I didnt even notice how cold it was! We had a great time and learned alot! Sheila
default_smile.png

I went and had a great time. It was 200 miles for me so I had to leave about 5 am to get there. Checked all my mares before I left and nothing looked like it was close to foaling.

Lots of good presentations on feeding, tips on handling a halter horse, tips on choosing show halters, properly filling out AMHA paperwork, and others. Also a discussion with a vet on foaling out mares. I particularly loved the Q&A session. Meeting with other members and discussing topics of common interest is great!

I'm not going to attempt to pass along what I learned in writing. I have enough trouble keeping it straight myself, but it was a great day. I left a little early because I had so far to drive home, but it was well worth it.

I also had to leave b4 the presentations where over.....and I am quilty of messing alot of the dicussions trying to get to visit with folks I haven't seen in a long time and meeting people I have not had the chance to met in person. I was very disappointed to have to leave b-4 the hands on part with the horses, since I took 2 with me. It was a plesure meeting you Freeland, sorry we could not have spoke longer.

And made a new forever friend with REO......found out she's a nut case just like myself
default_saludando.gif
sorry Robin, you know me by now my secret is out
default_wub.png
She got me in trouble several times with the sssssssshhhhhhh.

Ozrak mini tack recorded it, I need to get a copy.

OMHCI did a great job putting on their clinic. They had so many different subjects and all of interest. I love learning new things (even at my age). We filmed the clinic and will have the DVD available sometime this summer.

One of the things that I learned was fom the vet. I have always sprayed the naval cord but have never sprayed the feet. When they still have the little white covers on their hooves (dont know technical name) they can get infection through the hooves. Spray the little covers on the hooves with Iodine or Betadine (whatever you use on the naval cord). This will also help eliminate infection and in turn joint ill.

Lisa - Ozark

This sounds like it was a great event!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks for the hoof tip, too! That is really good to know!

Peggy

Hey Nancy, we went to Walnut but didn't get a hose!
default_biggrin.png

It was great seeing people I had not seen for several years and meeting a few new ones! Marsha C.

And Nancy Witt and her hubby! It was great meeting a fellow nut! LOL!

Thanks go to Lisa (Ozark) it was so nice of her to bring my Ozark order! Very thoughtful and it saved us the shipping cost.
default_yes.gif
Thanks Lisa!

Latest posts

Back