OMG, I won our National!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I spent the weekend in Orillia, ON at the Canadian Cardigan Corgi Club's National Specialty. I did not expect to do anything, as the specialties pull in most of the breeders from across Canada, and there were also 3 breeders who came up from the US.

First were our sweepstakes, both puppy and veterans. Because our Specialties are only held every other year, any 'puppies' who were not old enough to enter the last specialty are eligible to enter (so every puppy has the chance to enter a puppy sweepstakes class at a Specialty).

My 'puppy', Can CH Esrohollow Radsprings Tuhmater won his class in Puppy sweeps, then went on to WIN BEST PUPPY IN SWEEPS! This was under Breeder Judge Eileen Eby (Kilvroch Kennel) from the UK.

materbisweepscrop.jpg

On to the Regular Classes under Breeder Judge Peter Clifton (Joseter Kennel) also from the UK, where I had nothing entered except in Best of Breed (so dogs that had already finished their Championship).

Mate-r WON Best of Breed!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! He beat a bitch who is Nationally ranked in the US (and won Group 1 and Best in Show yesterday during the all-breed show)!!

Moxie (Can/Am CH Can AOM Finnshavn Bubble Gum Moxie Can/Am RA, Am HT) also won Best Veteran!

And for the 'non-regular' classes, Cash (Can CH Esrohollow's Priceless HT) won Best Stud Dog and Moxie & Delilah (Am GCH Can BP.ISS CH Esrohollow Hey There Delilah Am HT) won Best Brace!

Oh, and can't forget that a Cash puppy won Best Puppy!

It was a very good weekend! Mate-r wasn't entered in any of the all-breed shows, but it was soo hot during our National, that I'm glad I didn't enter him in anything else....

Moxie winning Best Veteran in our National Specialty

Moxvetcrop.jpg

Mate-r winning Best in Specialty Show!!!

materbiss1crop.jpg

Thanks for letting me share...I'll be pinching myself for a very long time!!
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Congratulations, its like watching a relatives children that live far away. Seeing them all grow up and show and the puppies growing up and showing. Its been a wonderful ride with you and your dogs. And you have done a great job not only with the dogs but in sharing them with us.

Huge congratulations to you and your dogs. I've always enjoyed seeing them on here.

Thank you soo much everyone!!! I still can't quite believe it! I am soo, soo proud of my dogs!! Mate-r also has both his Major wins in the US with limited showing.

I am unpacking like mad today, as I'm back on the road tomorrow for another road trip......need some good thoughts and vibes that puppies will be on the way in a couple months time!!!!!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

Congratulations! What an amazing day you had! We are expecting our first littler of Pembrooks due any day and we are so excited, so I can now imagine how you feel! My daughter used to show but now is breeding her own, so we'll see how it goes. So happy for you!

Wow!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!! A BIG congratulations to you, and well deserved, too!!! Congrats!

Liz N.

Super CONGRATULATIONS Kathryn to you and your pups!! You all certainly worked hard for it!!
default_yes.gif

OMG...That is absolutely AWESOME!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you and all your wonderful dogs Kathryn. You are obviously the owner of some very correct, and now top-winning Corgis!!

HUUUUUGE congrats, kathryn!!!!! WTG!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
you've worked hard for this, bask in the glory!!

I can't stop grinning. I was calling friends all excited and they had no clue who I was talking about...hehehe...love it when "the little guy" sneaks in and takes it all. You rock!!!!
default_firstprize.gif

Thanks again everyone!! Just back from my other road trip...trying to catch up on everything....

I can't stop grinning. I was calling friends all excited and they had no clue who I was talking about...hehehe...love it when "the little guy" sneaks in and takes it all. You rock!!!!
default_firstprize.gif
hee,hee.....THANKS gimp!! There were a few people shocked (none more so than ME!!!) and some a little upset I'm sure, by getting beat by 'little' ole me
default_hypocrite.gif
And I had an email from the judge asking for a photo (which I was planning on sending to him) of the win!
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back