Omega Horseshine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantminimore

Reaction score
I've been reading up on Omega Horseshine and for those that use it, how much do you give to your mini? I've read that a full size horse gets 2 oz. daily, i'm thinking that for a mini it would be a very small amount, almost not worth giving. I've also read that dogs, cats & goats can have 1 tsp. per every 20 lbs of animal weight, so for someone that's good at math, how much would a 250-300 lb. mini get?

Thanks for the info Jen. Where do you buy yours? I called my local feed store and they don't carry it so I called another one that's about 1 hr away and they don't carry it either. I checked about ordering it online and it's about an extra $26 with S+H
default_new_shocked.gif

"Smart Pack Equine" has the best price on Omega Horse shine. I give mine just about a 1/2cup a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
We use the Omega Horseshine. Ours get about 1/3 cup a day. But they are B sized or Shetalands. We get ours at Tractor Supply.

Yes, Tractor Supply sells it. If your local one doesn't carry it, you can have it 'shipped to store' and there won't be any extra shipping charges for orders over $25.

I buy mine from Tractor Supply, BUT I live 13 hours from one, so I call them up and they UPS me 1-2-3 bags of it. They are good to work with. I use just a tad under 1/4 cup one time a day to all my boys all year round. My boys are all under 34". good stuff and does not make them fat like a lot of other products do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy mine from Tractor Supply, BUT I live 13 hours from one, so I call them up and they UPS me 1-2-3 bags of it. They are good to work with. I use just a tad under 1/4 cup one time a day to all my boys all year round. My boys are all under 34". good stuff and does not make them fat like a lot of other products do.
There's a Tractor Supply a little over an hr. from me but I don't travel up that way muc, I wonder if they would UPS it to me, i'll have to give them a call.

Thanks everybody!

Mine all get 1/8 cup with 1 tsp of iodized salt mixed in. I get mine from Tractor supply. It's $37.99 for a 20lb.bag from the store and $44.95 if shipped from Omega Fields which includes the shipping cost.

Latest posts

Back