Oliver Twist new foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
....I was ok till I sat down to write this...
default_sad.png
he was down rolling this morning and is at the Vets.please keep the little guy in your prayers

here is a picture of him yesterday evening

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I am so sorry to read this. You and your boy are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

default_sad.png
he has an unopperable obstruction that only allowed liquid to pass through..Vet says it is a birth defect and nothing can be done so .....we have let him go........my sweet boy ..thank you for your short visit here with us

when I bring him home should I let him stay with his mama for awhile or just not let her see him and bury him...I don't know what to do..please tell me what would be the best way for her......so sad.. he was so very precious...I know we all suffer loss and it is a part of life...I feel very Blessed to have 3 beautiful foals this year that are out side now chasing each other around...just so sad to loose such a sweet soul.

I am so so sorry.
default_no.gif
What a sad outcome for you and your little one. How you deal with it (maybe you already have since there is a time difference from there to here) would depend on how the mare is while her baby is away. If she has been frantic, I would return him and leave him long enough for her to accept he is gone, if she has settled from having him leave I would not upset her again by returning him now. JMO.

I am so so sorry to hear this....

They are so sweet, and you took good care of him. He was a lucky boy. Sorry for your pain.

I never had a foal, I don't know what the right thing is to do. I guess if she were really upset, I'd let her see him, but if she's not, I wouldn't get her going by letting her see him.

I'm just so sorry for you. How heartbreaking....

This was so sad to read. My prayers are with you. Sorry that anyone has to go through this.

Oh no Kathye, I'm so sorry. It's such a disappointment to lose a foal, you certainly did everything you could but just wasn't meant to be this time. How is your mare doing now?

Jan

Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss!! What a beautiful little one Oliver was! Give his Momma a hug for me. How is she coping with it all?

Again, I am so very sorry for the loss of your little one,

Latest posts

Back