Oliver Twist new foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no!! I'm sooooo sorry you had to let little Oliver go
default_no.gif
Life just isn't fair sometimes
default_sad.png
(((HUGS))) to you and his momma..

Im so so sorry. Was he a lethal white?? Some are born with just a bit of coloring. You are in my thoughts

Kay

Art and I are very sorry. If it were my foal I would bring him "home to his dam". That way she will know that he has passed and she won't worry herself sick looking for him... Again we are so sorry....{{{{{HUGS To You and Momma Mare}}}}}

the mare is doing fairly well. It was interesting as she was with all the other babies..and THEY never hang with her..maybe the smell of milk , I don't know. anyway..I decided to let her see her baby before I buried him ..she had the 'question' whinney when she saw me so I felt this was the right thing to do. She smelled him and looked at me...smelled him...the other horses came up and she made them leave except the other foals she let stay.....I felt she would let me know when she is done so I went to finishing my chores.....she walked out to the big pasture twice and came back to her baby.....standing there...broke my heart.....then she walked out and started grazing.........
default_sad.png

so sorry for your loss...Hang in there...Hugs to you and your mare..

default_crybaby.gif
My heart aches for you and your mare. I'm SO sorry! He was beautiful. Please give your mare a hug for me. And {{{{Hugs}}}} to you.

OK now I'm weeping for your mare. They are so stoic in their acceptance of the facts it can just break your heart. Good for you for reading your mare and knowing what she needed.

I wanted to thank all of you for giving him such a beautiful name and for all your support..means so much to us.

Frank and Kathye

Oh, no, I am so sorry! I, too, wonder if he was lethal white? Have the sire/dam been tested?

So sorry...he was a beautiful boy.

When you told about the mare seeing her boy it seems like that was the right thing to do.

I would have advised against bringing the baby back for her to view, but it sounds like that was wise.

Again, my sympathy.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, how heartbreaking....
default_sad.png

What a bittersweet story of Momma saying goodbye
default_crybaby.gif
I think animals can understand more than some people give them credit for. You did the right thing by giving her that moment. I am so sorry he is gone
default_sad.png

I am so very sorry for your loss. I had just read the first topic announcing his birth and thought he was so pretty! I loved his little "top hat!"
default_crybaby.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry for you and your mare!

I wonder about the lethal white as well, would definitely want to know so you don't have to suffer the heartache again.

I will have to go read up on the LWO as I was under the impression they were born all white ..thank you for your thoughts and yes...testing will be done on my stallion

here is what the Vet has down

" stricture at the base of caecum disallowing ingesta to go into the lg intetestine"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back