Older entires showing agression towards big horses..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
So more of an interesting thing i've noticed rather than anything else.

I recently rescued a 16yr old stallion who'd been neglected, been living with a herd of entires of all older ages and all trying to kill each other!

So he is currently being rehabilitated. Still in field by himself but beside the other boys with electric fence dividing them and so far so good. He is talking to the miniatures geldings/colt but not seeming nasty to them and becoming less obsessed with them.

However my 13.2hh veteran and its a different story! Started off being kind beside him but when i attempt to merge the two together shetland Raffles turned into demon pony, charging, biting, kicking and generally trying to kill my old boy, nearly got kick in the head trying to grab one of them! Since then he's charged the fence with ear back and i've had to put a divider fence up between the pair... he's only been showing signs of agression towards the big horse.. still seeming nice with the shetlands.

Oddly enough.. my 33" miniature who was gelded last year as a 8yr old still want to try and attack my big boy... but fine with the minis...

Anyone else experianced entires not accepting big ones any where near them.. but fine with minis..

Back