Old Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky seven

Reaction score
Tomorrow the vet will be coming to help our old standardbred cross the bridge. We have had the pleasure of his company for 19 years and my hubby can't face doing what is necessary so I will stay by his side. That means Seven will be alone. We decided not to replace Frank, and I'm hoping that I have found a woman who will give Seven a new and loving home.

Its hard to say goodbye , even when you know the "time has come" , still doesn't make it any easier.

Enjoy the luscious green grass Frank , you have surely deserved it after 19 years of friendship
default_smile.png

Thinking of you Lucky seven
default_smile.png

Yes, his suspensories have dropped to the point he is walking on bone. His eyes show how much pain he's in and our farrier won't touch his feet anymore. He turns 26 next month and we bought him as a 6 yo because we wanted a horse. Didn't know squat so he has been our teacher, shoulder to cry on, and our best friend through the years. On top of that our 13 year old dog has a medical problem, half of his throat is paralized and is on meds as needed to breath. At least I know Seven will be loved and is close enough to visit any time I want.

Aw, sorry to hear. I know how hard it is.

If you have time to keep him company/busy; an only horse, isn't always a lonely horse. My first horse was an only for several years and did quite well, he did make friends with the neighbors ram.

Yes, it is hard but I like the woman who is taking him and he will have nubian goats for buddies. He also will be next door to our local horse rescue.

Something beautiful happened even though it was a sad time. When I took Frank to that "place" with the vet, he was out of Seven's sight. He was facing west then turned around and faced east, looked for a minute at the view and then started to graze. That was the direction he was facing in the end. After he was removed, I let Seven out. He took a few steps then stopped still and faced the same direction and spot that Frank had stared at. He stayed like that for minutes before moving, he never once looked in Frank's paddock. I'm thinking he was seeing something, or someone that I couldn't.

Sorry for your loss of Frank........I pray he finds peace, comfort and lots of long green grass to happily munch on with the warm sun shining down on him!!!! Horse know and feel way more than we give them credit for!! I believe your are right, Seven could see and hear something you could not. What ever it was must have put a calm peaceful feeling over him. Amimals are more in touch with each other than humans are with each other.........

Ok now, come on Freckles or Eve or both of you, get going and show everyone those little foals you have been carring around for so long!!!!!! Back to watching let's see some action
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

I am so sorry my post above is under the wrong topic and in the wrong section too, my bad. I was posting in the pregnancy, Mare Stare section and then went back here by accident........tried to find where I could edit or delete and I do not see that here. So sorry again.......

Something beautiful happened even though it was a sad time. When I took Frank to that "place" with the vet, he was out of Seven's sight. He was facing west then turned around and faced east, looked for a minute at the view and then started to graze. That was the direction he was facing in the end. After he was removed, I let Seven out. He took a few steps then stopped still and faced the same direction and spot that Frank had stared at. He stayed like that for minutes before moving, he never once looked in Frank's paddock. I'm thinking he was seeing something, or someone that I couldn't.
You just made me cry.

Don't worry Misty, you made me laugh! I keep track of the Zenyatta site and she has had them on watch for 2 weeks now. Mares are mares, they are the most frustrating of God's creatures.

It's official, my little man goes to his new home on Tuesday. After that I will no longer be Lucky Seven, his new mom will be the one who is lucky to have him in her life. Now we are looking for a new place to live so we can create new memories.

Latest posts

Back