Okay so now that we are completely confused,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bailey@SmallWonders

Reaction score
So, my mare is in foal, due to pop any day now and a few week ago we did the DNA test where you pull out a couple mane hair and then send it to the lab. So, we got the results back in the mail today and we have NO IDEA WHAT THEY MEAN!!!
default_wacko.png
So please help us figure out what this means??.....

DNA Results

ASB17: FR

VHL20: JM

HTG10: LQ

HTG4: MO

AHT5: IN

AHT4: IN

HMS3: R

HMS6: P

HMS7: MQ

LEX3: LN

LEX33: GS

ASB2: IN

ASB23: SU

Please help! Any help is greatly appreciated!!
default_worshippy.gif

I believe they're just codes the DNA labs use and not really "readable" by us regular folks
default_wink.png

default_yes.gif
Yes, Lucky C is correct...they are only sent to you because you own the horse, but they use that to match offspring etc. It is not simple testing codes like we use for color testing.

I just always wondered, do they go and check each offspring with the mare and sire findings or only if someone wants it checked out? If they question the bloodline?

Or does the Lab just print out the findings but no checking? How does this DNA work? inquiry mind
default_wub.png

I just always wondered, do they go and check each offspring with the mare and sire findings or only if someone wants it checked out? If they question the bloodline?Or does the Lab just print out the findings but no checking? How does this DNA work? inquiry mind
I have no idea about the AMHA process, and if they verify each foal, or only compare with sire & dam when there is a question.

But, this is my understanding of what the results indicate. (And believe me… I am not very knowledgeable….. its just the best I can understand.)

The codes listed are for specific DNA markers (don’t know which ones). But the attributes of the foal’s markers have to come from the sire or the dam. If there is even just one “result” that neither the sire or dam have……. Then at least one (typically the sire LOL ) cannot be the parent. If all of the markers are consistent with the sire and/or the dam…. Then the assumption is that they are the parents.

That is what I “think” is the deal. If anyone knows more (or differently) ….. I would really like to know, as I am trying real hard to understand this DNA stuff myself.)

-Becky

Latest posts

Back