Okay. I think we might be making some progress.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score

[SIZE=12pt]Alright, so I worked Banner again today. Even though it was extremely windy. I think some one up above is laughing at me.
default_risa_suelos.gif
Today Banner really didn't feel that great to me, but from the pictures Mom took it looks like he is doing better then that last time I posted.(I thought he felt perfect that day.)
default_wacko.png
So here's some pictures from today. Any Advice & comments are much appreciated, it really helps me a lot.
default_poke.gif
Well I hope it does. lol. It could've been the wind today, or something else [me]
default_biggrin.png
but through out me working him he had resistance somewhere. I could feel it slightly through his mouth and could see the wrinkles where his neck goes into his withers, in some of these pictures you can see it.[/SIZE]
Kay. Here we are working downhill and I am trying to get him to stretch down, but also keep him at a slower trot. The end result,

318494675.jpg

is alright.
default_whistling.gif

Now we are going uphill and is a little better. He's stretching a little, and was pretty powerful. [feeling]
default_smile.png

318495342.jpg

In these next two I'm bending him (we were doing figure eights) to the right. Going slightly uphill.

318496576.jpg

318496588.jpg

Bending to the left, about to go slightly downhill.

318496694.jpg

These show what I was aiming for the whole time & he gave it to me every once in a while. So maybe we are both learning.

318498472.jpg

This second one has a little more resistance. (Then again we were going up against a very strong wind, so that may have played a part in it.)

318498468.jpg

Alright Guys & Gals I hope you enjoyed this, I sure did.
default_biggrin.png
In a insane "What am I doing wrong???" kinda way.
default_gaah.gif

-Ashley

p.s. This is who makes Banner shine and helps me everytime I take him out.
default_wub.png

318498461.jpg

Oh my gosh what great photos. I don't know anything about training a horse to drive, but I know when I see teamwork. It's shining through loud and clear here.
default_yes.gif
That brother of yours melts my heart.
default_wub.png

Great pics! I just got my first mini and I have a trainer who is teaching him to drive for me and also teach me. But I used to long rein a full size horse and loved doing it (Tho not terribly experienced) Looking forward to working as you do with yours. Something about working that way I just love!!!

Oh my gosh what great photos. I don't know anything about training a horse to drive, but I know when I see teamwork. It's shining through loud and clear here.
default_yes.gif
That brother of yours melts my heart.
default_wub.png
[SIZE=10pt]Awww Thanks Karla. Yes I agree Banner & I have become a team after all we've gone through.
default_wub.png
& Thanks about Will too,
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Looks like loads of fun
default_yes.gif
Great pictures too
default_wink.png
[SIZE=10pt] Ohh Yesss it is a ton of fun! and thank you!
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Great pics! I just got my first mini and I have a trainer who is teaching him to drive for me and also teach me. But I used to long rein a full size horse and loved doing it (Tho not terribly experienced) Looking forward to working as you do with yours. Something about working that way I just love!!!
[SIZE=10pt] That's great! I will listen for any progress on your fella. I just love driving. Though I honestly enjoy long reining more. I'm getting more expireinced doing it, hopefully I'll be really good at it eventually.
default_biggrin.png
I haven't figured out why I like it so much either.
default_wink.png

[/SIZE]

Keep practising, I will try and get some pics of Peek working as soon as I can. Keep posting more pics of yours. How long have you been working with your guy? Do you have someone helping you or going it on your own?

I just got my guy a few weeks ago. There is a thread on the miniature horse forum "my first mini" there are some pics of him there.
default_rolleyes.gif
Dirty little guy and still hasn't been clipped...weather not too steady here.

Latest posts

Back