Ok wow finally home from Nationals

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

feels like I have been gone forever but also didnt want to come home.

Was a WONDERFUL show lots of horses i mean lots of horses HUGE classes of 80 +- tons and tons of quality horses.

I did see some old friends but also missed quite a few. Didnt get out of the barn much in our group we had I think 25 or so horses so someone always needed to be ready to go in the ring. If i walked by you or didnt spend time saying hi- I am so sorry I as i am sure you were so tired from the late nites and such and so busy Getita i never ever made it to your barn heck i never made it anywhere but A and B and the arena.

I did see some fourm members horses and some were stalled in our barn.

Our final results were pretty good raven had a great show she got

Nat. Champion Jr Mare with our friends horse (ok she was the only one in the class
rolleyes.gif
)

Res Sr Mare with our mare magic

7th in youth under with foxy

I think 2 8ths in showmanship both over and under.

I got a 10th in a large ammy mare class

we got the gate in liberty but Ravens go was WAY WAY cute

she got the gate in obstacle as well oh ya

My new colt got a 3rd in his open class and

she got Res Champion in quite a memorable pleasure over class
wink.gif
i dont remember what else everyone in our group did very well.

Yippe Janet from Limestone FINALLY sent Bolero Bay to R Nationals and he did SO WELL and was great to see him in person- I did get to meet Stacy Score so that was nice

Rob Clc did very well with his gelding but will let others tell you how they did

show was well run and went pretty fast this year and the grounds are improving as I type I already as tired and sick as I am cant wait till next year
aktion033.gif

Oh Dr Pam was great as well - we did get to hang out near her and patty in the 5 year long youth obstacle class ok was only 4 hours but sure felt like 5 years tons of kids there which was wonderful!

and we have a new addition.. nope not a horse I was good that way but we did bring home a new chi pup

Last edited:
We were up there the 13th and 14th and kept going by the stalls where you were supposed to be (saw Magic's stall sign) and we never saw anyone there.

I'd hoped to meet all of you.
sad.gif
Maybe next year?

Glad you all had a good show!

Robin i am so sad we missed you I missed so many i did see Frankie on the way back from the bathroom i know those of you who were there w ill understand sometimes just getting to the potty can take hours

I passed Erica's barn thousands of times daily and never had a chance to stop and say hi I did see Lisa Davis lots cause she to was down at the in gate most of the day. Got to visit with a few in the forever obstacle class while waiting for raven and saw miss MIA wow she has grown and is so cute.

I saw wee okie again and she had to re introduce herself i was so embarrassed- she had a beautiful dog with her as well.

trying to think of who else I even saw I think some sleep tonight will help it all to become a bit more clear
biggrin.gif

Heck i never even made it down to see bonnie even when my friends had there readings done and I had planned on being there with them but again could never get away long enough-

there were so many I wanted to meet and so many I wanted to talk to heck even barns I wanted to go check out and never made it there. I never even got to barn C where the elaborate stall set ups usually are
sad.gif

so again to those I may have passed by i am so sorry and to those I didnt get to meet I am so sorry

I did however meet near our aisle someone from Canada ok didnt meet her but did talk about her wonderful new colt just didnt get her name sigh... sometimes I am such a dork.

Next year will have to plan out and make some time to go to meet and actually visit with others.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Congratulations Lisa and Raven
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Although we were able to visit with many forum members -
yes.gif
we missed connecting with so many individuals as well.

Next year for sure Lisa
wink.gif

aktion033.gif

Congrats!!

It sounds like you had a great time
smile.gif
)

Way to go Raven!

Did you show your Night Hawk son?? I love him ..
wub.gif

Sandy

I passed Erica's barn thousands of times daily and never had a chance to stop and say hi
I can totally understand and relate Lisa, so don't feel bad.

I didn't get to make up there until Friday due to college and then had 7 horses to clip Friday and Sat - by the time I got through unpacking and "setting up", and staying up till 2-3 am clipping Friday and Sat anything I wasn't showing,bathing, grooming, feeding or mucking stalls I opted to sit down and try to catch just a glimpse of rest.

I only got to watch like 5 classes the whole show -
wacko.gif
but did meet several new people. Not going to list as I am sure I would miss someone.

Wow, what a fun show! Congrats on your placings, Lisa. I went by your barn a couple of times too, and didn't get a chance to see you. Maybe next year.

I was able to go to Nationals thanks to Stacy Score, she is an awesome friend.
wub.gif
We just got back late last night after a three day drive. She had a VERY SUCCESSFUL SHOW, I will let her tell the details. Her horses were just beautiful, and they showed their little hearts out.

I did meet a few forum friends, though not as many as I would have liked! I spent some time with Va Lynda Ann (Thunder), she is a very cool person! I met Erica and Lyn J too, though they were very busy all the time and I didn't get to visit much. Their horses are gorgeous.

Overall, it was a wonderful time and will be a fond memory for the rest of my life. Hope to attend next year with a few of my own.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa does Raven have dark brown hair and wear it in braids? I think I may have seen you guys, or atleast Raven.

Chynagurl8 said:
Lisa does Raven have dark brown hair and wear it in braids?  I think I may have seen you guys, or atleast Raven.
469063[/snapback]

LOL yep that was her most of the time i was stopped only when i was with her and everyone said that is raven so you must be lisa
wink.gif
good thing i have a spokesperson lol

WE were in barn A (known as the sick barn sigh) vet practically lived there saw him several times daily an upper respitory thing was going around in there

I did notice that the vet was in Barn A alot. We were up in Barn C, where it was windy, but we stayed cool.

We were also in A barn and did alot of praying. Our horses came home all well. Didn't have a runny nose in the whole bunch.

We saw Raven in liberty, she did a great job and did better than alot of the adults, LOL she caught her horse. We didn't get to meet alot of people, it was very busy for us but we did well. It was fun to see so many really nice horses in one place and I think we are going to have a horse started in driving now, LOL with 5 geldings at least I have some to chose from. All in all it was a very good time for us.

minimomNC said:
We were also in A barn and did alot of praying.  Our horses came home all well.  Didn't have a runny nose in the whole bunch. 
We saw Raven in liberty,  she did a great job and did better than alot of the adults,  LOL  she caught her horse.  We didn't get to meet alot of people,  it was very busy for us but we did well.  It was fun to see so many really nice horses in one place and I think we are going to have a horse started in driving now,  LOL  with 5 geldings at least I have some to chose from.  All in all it was a very good time for us.

469107[/snapback]

Were there sick horses?

Latest posts

Back