Ok so I may be a bit biased....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
I finished clipping Kassie today, it's going to get up to the high 80's around her the next few days and she still had fluff, so off it went! I forgot what was under all that yak hair.
default_wub.png
She is a bit skinny but that will be fixed really fast!
default_yes.gif

As some of you know, Kassie, being the smart girl she is, knows a bunch of tricks as well so I'll post some pix of those too.
default_laugh.png
After months she learned how to lie down! I asked her for 'down' today and down she went, right next to my feet! She got a handful of treats and enthusiastic praise.

Wet little girl!
default_unsure.png
She's skinnier than I thought. I think she's beautiful though!

IMG_2729.jpg

She reminds my of a shetland when I work on halter with her. She has a long back & neck.

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

Showing off
default_aktion033.gif

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Close-up

IMG_2760.jpg

Bow!
default_biggrin.png

IMG_2762.jpg

And lying down!
default_wub.png
I'm soooo proud! Can you tell I love this girl?

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

And if someone could please edit this, crop it, remove my friend behind her, and resize it so it's bigger I guess. Feel free to play around with any of them!
default_wink.png
Thanks!

IMG_2751.jpg

Thank you all for looking!

IMG_2766.jpg

Rebecca and the Girls!

Edited to add: Any advice w/ halter is GREATLY appreciated! I'm trying to teach her to set up but she likes to move once she's there. Also, she often over stretches and it makes her look really looong. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is lovely Rebecca! I think its awesome that you taught her all those tricks!

The halter is tricky to explain, but generally when they want to come up onto you, I always send mine back. You need to establish with her that when you set her up she needs to stay back off you in her space.

You can use a long driving whip to tap her chest when she starts to look like she is going to come forward..

Hope that makes sense!

With her neck, you can try bringing your hand down from the top of her head and in front of her and then taking it back up rather than hold it out in front of her. You dont so much want her to stretch as to just "look" at your hand...

Easier said than done I know, but I think you are doing a great job!

What a pretty (and intelligent!) mare you have there! It's nice to see you having so much fun with her! Keep up the great work!
default_aktion033.gif

She is beautiful!!! I love that big soft eye on her
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Every horse I've ever met with that kind of eye is a GOOD horse (so loving and willing).

You did a great job clipping her, too. And her tricks are so neat
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Thank you all for the compliments, it means a ton!
default_wub.png

miniaddiction- Thank you!!!!! Sort of confusing but I'm working on it!
default_wink.png
Her first show in halter is July so I have another month to work w/ her.

AppyLover- Awesome job! Thanks tons!
default_aktion033.gif

Glad everyone likes her tricks, in person she really hams it up for an audience!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

i love the laying down pictures,i love her colour and her face, so cute, thanks for sharing!!!

Latest posts

Back