ok Mark B. have a question for you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I've heard you announce, like listening to you, sometimes funny jokes, but what I DON'T know about you,,,maybe those in your area do.

The all important question,,,do you have miniatures? How many? If not, how come? Have you/do you show? If no to all of the above, then how and when did you start announcing miniature horse shows?

Is announcing your real job? You know what I mean.

I guess you to be the guy on the intercom announcing the "blue light" specials! Or the voice dub for Fabio in commercials,,,right on both counts?

I've heard you announce, like listening to you, sometimes funny jokes, but what I DON'T know about you,,,maybe those in your area do.

The all important question,,,do you have miniatures? How many? If not, how come? Have you/do you show? If no to all of the above, then how and when did you start announcing miniature horse shows?

Is announcing your real job? You know what I mean.

I guess you to be the guy on the intercom announcing the "blue light" specials! Or the voice dub for Fabio in commercials,,,right on both counts?

[/quote

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
I can just hear it " Attention MiniMart Shoppers"
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Attention mini-mart shoppers!
default_new_rofl.gif
I love it horsefeathers!

I agree, enquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankie -

First of all thank you for your interest and for listening to me at the National Show. Glad you like the music and some of my attempts at humor.

In answer to your questions. 1. Yes, Sharon and I retain ownership on 4 miniature horses. Three of them were actually sold on contract to some people that we had done business with successfully before. However, in this case they moved from Central Oregon to somewhere in the state of Nevada without paying the balance due on the horses or letting us know they were moving. Someday we WILL find them and deal with them legally. We are still looking. The fourth horse is on a lease for care to an older lady that loves him very much. We do not actively show horses as it would conflict with our business and because we are gone so much of the year at shows. To make up for the lack of showing in her life, Sharon breeds, raises, trains and shows Havanese Dogs. They are wonderful animals and do help quiet the "hunger pangs" of showing. 2. Both Sharon and I have shown in the past, Sharon at the local level and throughout the Northwest (both open and miniature shows with mini and large horses as well) and I showed throughout the Northwest, Regional and at the AMHA Nationals. In 1998 I placed in the top ten in Gentlemen's Roadster. I was also District Reserve Champion in Adult Showmanship. I also showed large horses before becoming involved with miniatures. 3. I began announcing horse shows in general in the early 1980's after being tricked into doing my first show. I began doing miniature shows in 1990 after being hired by Ken and Cindy Porter to do the Can-Am Classic Show in Lynden, Washington. I have done Miniature and Pony shows ever since. I began annoouncing for the AMHR National Show in 1999, 11 years ago, and began the Shetland Congress the next year. I have also announced the AMHA National/World Show several times and have actually done both registry National shows within the same year. 4. Yes, this is my full time job, and I keep quite busy at it during the spring, summer and fall months. If anyone needs an announcer or an announcer/show steward combo (and yes, the music comes with us) during January and February, please don't hesitate to give us a call. I know we could work something out.

Thanks again for your questions. And no - no over dubing for K-Mart, Wal-Mart or Fabio.....yet.

Mark Bullington

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That was my guess on showing as you come across so knowledgable.

When you get to be famous doing whatever Minimart, just don't forget about us!

Back