OK, I'm confused...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikaS.

Reaction score
Well, my gelding is 3 now, so I'd like to register him but with whom? I am confused. I'm sure all newbies ask this question at some point. I was reading each website and for some reason I'm just not getting it. So, should I register AMHA ( I have some of the paperwork already for that) or AMHR or both. Do I have to worry about hardshipping? Both of Trigger's parent are registered AMHA?

Since his sire/dam are AMHA and you have paperwork for AMHA then I'd work on getting his AMHA papers.. Neither registry allows hardshipping, unless the horse is registered in either or.. So if you can get him registered in AMHA with the paperwork you have then you should be able to hardship him into AMHR for a fee..

If his parents are both AMHA you should be able to register him AMHA--IF the parents are DNA'd and if a stallion report was filed, and if you have all the right signatures on all the right paperwork. If some things have not been kept up to date with any of the paper work or if some signatures are missing & you cannot get them, you could still hardship him into AMHA. (AMHA allows hardshipping until 2013 I believe?) Hopefully the paperwork is all in order, though, because it would be much cheaper to register him the regular way as opposed to hardshipping.

Once you have his AMHA papers then you can pay your fees to AMHR and get his R papers as well.

Back