Ok Color Experts.... What color is she!??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone! Well...... I did get some pictures of my little "princess" Gwen!
default_wub.png
She's quite the little race horse! (or she thinks she is).....

It's been cloudy all day...... so hopefully you guys can get a pretty good idea of what color she is.....

She's either a silver dapple or a grey. From looking at all the silver dapple foals you guys posted for me earlier I would say that she's a silver dapple than a grey........ but I would like to have your opinon. Sorry for all the photos.... she was just SO CUTE today and couldn't help but post them!

Thanks for everyone's help!
default_yes.gif

Gwen1June808.jpg

Gwen2June808.jpg

Gwen4June808.jpg

Gwen5June808.jpg

Gwen6June808.jpg

Gwen7June808.jpg

Gwen8June808.jpg

Gwen9June808.jpg

Gwen10June808.jpg

Does she have DUN on her dam or sire's side??? If so, she could be a Silver Dun......looking at the line on her back. OR she is a silver dapple, if there is no dun. Sorry, not much help.
default_rolleyes.gif

PS: Just want to add..... I would love to see how she matures. She looks nicely balanced......nice slope to her shoulder and a GREAT hip!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a dorsal stripe indicating dun.

Her dam is a silver bay, and I would say the filly looks like a silver bay, too. My second choice would be silver dapple.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Hi Miniv. There is no dun on her pedigree any where.... There is a faint darker line that goes down her back..... but I am really pretty sure it's not because of any dun factor. ANd thanks for the compliment on Gwen..... I can't wait to see her mature too! She is SO tiny! But so balanced. She's like a little jack rabbit or cutting horse mixed in with a race horse & reining horse when she's out & about! Just thee funniest and fastest thing I've seen! lol! Oh.... she has a little dressage horse in her too... she likes to do peroiet (can't spell...).... but she loves to do some high level dressage moves too! lol!
default_biggrin.png
Babies are just SO MUCH fUN! LOVE to watch them!

I am still leaning towards her being a silver dapple....

She is adorable
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I think she is a silver dapple who will turn grey. Her white eyelashes and the ligher shading on her eyelids (looks like eyeshadow!) make me think she will grey.

Either way, both colors are beautiful in my book
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

White eyelashes don't mean grey, all my silver dapples have white eyelashes, and none of them have the grey gene. The lighter eyelids may mean grey; time will tell on that one.

My silvers also have blonde eyelashes but the combination of those on the foal and the eyelids make me think grey (just like I said basically)
default_smile.png

Hmmm well clipped colors often confuse things, as do foal coats. Sooo, no real way of telling YET, thought the general agreement is she's definitely silver. To me, she looks silver black, but who knows once she matures she may look silver bay.

Either way I reallllly like her, she's beautiful!

Thank YOU for all the VERY nice compliments! Greatly appriciated!
default_wub.png
Yeah..... will have to deffinately wait and see..... she could be purple for all I care and love her all the same.... I think she's going to be one heck of a show filly!!

I don't know what to put on her registration papers............???? I guess i will think of something! loL!
default_wacko.png

If you loosen the term "expert" to include me I would guess Silver Bay but she could also go gray too.

She is a sweet thing and I really like her!

That´s a silver bay, and if she has a grey sire she can still grey out.

Grey is a modifiër, it can turn any color white with age.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back