OHHH the pain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
It is happening to me again.

A couple of years ago, I noticed that the inside of my jaw, back close to where my wisdom tooth used to be (they were all pulled) it was getting very sore.

A while later, I felt a bump in that general spot and I was in even more pain. I felt it with the tip of my finger and it felt hard so I got a mirror and looked. It looked white.

Not to be gross but I scratched at it with my finger and it flaked off a bit and it looked like bone.

I went to the dentist (not the one who took the wisdom teeth out) and he said that yes...it was some bone working its way out of the skin.
default_new_shocked.gif

Now it is happening again and I'm about in tears it hurts so bad. I feel sorry for babies that are teething.
default_new_shocked.gif

Has anyone ever had this happen to them???? :DOH!

I've heard of that happening to someone, but haven't (thankfully) had it happen to me.

I suppose you don't have any canker sore medication on hand--something like Anbesol or whatever brands you have available there? That would work good for you I think.

Well, merry christmas to you huh? Mouth pain is the worse...i have dislocated my ankle 3x, broken my arm, tailbone and taken numerous hits to the ground but nothing even comes close to tooth pain.

Get some Kanka, you get get it at Rite Aid or Drug Mart, i think it comes in a pen like brush now, but that stuff is GOOD. I used it as i chipped a tooth last year and the dentest didnt schedule me in for about a week, so had to use Kanka to make it bearable and it will really numb the area.

If you need a quick fix tonite and nothing available try soaking some gauze in warm listerine....or holding an aspirin on the area...tastes awful but should give you some relief if you are desperate tonite with everything closed. Alka seltzer held in the area

as long as you can will also give some relief in a pinch.

I have been battling a root canal for some time now and know what it is like to be in pain late at night with no idea where to turn.

Is there any swelling? Is it a soreness or a throbbing pain???

Good luck kiddo......

Pure vanilla extract (not artificial vanilla) or oil of cloves will also help mouth pain. Don't swallow it (a nice glass of wine tastes better ;) ) just slosh it around in your mouth over the sore spot and it should ease the pain some. Hope it helps, sorry you are in pain at Christmas. Can they do nothing to help over the long term?

Thanks guys for all of the fabulous ideas, I'll definately try them. On top of that pain I have a a HUGE kanker, canker (whatever) lol on the side of my tongue
default_crybaby.gif

As far as anything they can do...not really... the one dentist said it just needs to work its way out. Fabulous, we'll see how many days that takes.
default_frusty.gif
default_517.gif

Thanks again for your ideas.
default_smile.png

Lots of rum!!!!
default_cheers.gif

Do they know what is causing it??!! And WHY you are getting bone chips now? I am assuming the wisdom tooth was removed, but you should not be getting chips this much later! Mine were all in the weeks following the surgury to remove the teeth! I hope you feel better today! Youch!

Lots of rum!!!!
default_cheers.gif

Do they know what is causing it??!! And WHY you are getting bone chips now? I am assuming the wisdom tooth was removed, but you should not be getting chips this much later! Mine were all in the weeks following the surgury to remove the teeth! I hope you feel better today! Youch!

Yeah!!! Good idea lots of rum!!!

Well the first time it happened a few years ago, the dentist, (not the one who took them out) said it was probably pieces from the wisdom tooth but heck they had been pulled years earlier. Now its happening again. Don't know I guess. I sure wouldn't think it would be happening some 10 years later
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back