Oh no.....she wouldn't dare...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
We've had quite a bit of rain here these past fews days. A little rain isn't going to hurt them so sure I let them out to play in it. Barnyard is loaded with mud. All the horses have been enjoying themselves rolling in it. Hate to admit it, but seeing as how they badly need heat and fly relief, I'm just letting them be themselves and have a blast. The Prancers are covered from head to toe in mud. Hey, why not? They'll wash and clean up good, right? Sure they will! Don't ever let it be said that the Prancers aren't allowed to be horses.
biggrin.gif

But then I had this most HORRIBLE THOUGHT.........you don't suppose that Holly would consider giving birth to Fetus in the mud!!!!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

OH NO!!!!!!.......this is not going to happen!!!!!!! She wouldn't......she couldn't!!!!!
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif

pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif

SHE COULD!
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif

Mazda gave birth to Ref in the mud...right in a mud puddle of course!

Logo gave birth to Sierra in the mud! YUP--Marty it can happen and with your kinda luck..it probably will. she will fix your butt in the end for showing her "privates" to the world...lol..Corinne

Half Pint had Storm in the middle of a horrendous storm BEHIND the shed...go figure! LOL Yup, Holly could very likely have Fetus in all that MUD! LOL But, wait! Holly is not having the baby until Sept 3 and it should be dry by then! LOL! Sorry, Marty!
rolleyes.gif

jennifer
saludando.gif

She COULD --- but I bet she DIDN'T -- its not LABOR DAY yet..

JJay

Yes she could I had a nice stall all filled with straw nice and dry and what do you think my mare did? Yes that is correct foaled in the middle of the night in the mud...No biggy No problem everything turned out fine never the less all went well and both were healthy, After all the horses in the wild don't go into a nice clean freshly bedded down stall with clean dry straw to have them...And horses have been around for million of years without any help form mankind...So I let then just be horses 24/7 They have a shelter but if they choose not to use so be it~!! Rain snow, sleet, whatever they are horses, not pieces of fine china
biggrin.gif
And my vet agrees give them shelter but do not force them in much much healthier that way he says and I agree, I have in nearly 40 years of doing things this way I have had not even a sniffle...
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh I can just see it now dirty holly and muddy fetus
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

just be very careful if you have actual puddles I do know of a farm that had an arab mare foal in a puddle and the foal drown.......

I'll bet at this point, you don't care WHERE she has the baby....JUST HAVE IT!
biggrin.gif

BTW....could you PLEASE send some of that rain up to Ohio! We are turning into a dust bowl!
sad.gif

I know of one mare who chose to foal in the only puddle in the entire field...

I bet that nice cool mud would feel good on a mare's sore backside. And as for the foal, well....they just came out of somewhere wet and slimy, I think the only difference is temperature!
biggrin.gif

I love the "She couldn't...she wouldn't...she could." Too funny.

Leia

Latest posts

Back