Oh no! Another clipped one..:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizbeth

Reaction score
ladyfrontside424.jpg

Tell me what you think of this mare? I just clipped her the other day, this photo was taken this morning. Then I will tell you who she is
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
She is very pretty!!!

AND, I think I know who she is (?). I think I know this mare's dam, but am not 100% sure.

I am always cautious too when someone asks me my opinion, but it okay in this case. I am PROUD of this old girl! She is 27 years old. She looks 8.

She is grandam to Mountain Meadows Lucky Stryke - National Reserve Champion Country Pleasure Driving and the dam, grandam, g grandam to many many Champions and others in our wonderful history of miniature horses! She is a Komokos King Tut grandaughter.

You are correct about her back leg. I don't think it is her stifle, just her age showing. She does limp on it sometimes and it is bothering her some now. Overall she is in GOOD health and gets pampered a bit as the younger mares pick on her, well they won't let her eat with them. She is very alert, ears always up and flicking around to hear what is going on. Eyes good too I think and Carl says teeth are good considering her age. She gets no special feed at this time. She is a real creature of habit tho. I cannot open a new gate for her to go through cause she will go through the old one
default_smile.png
Or try too.......but gee I have that problem too. :aktion033:

Oh Jill!

If you know this mares dam...................... :aktion033:

This is that mares dam...........just kidding with you.

B

[SIZE=14pt]She looks fabulous for a mare as old as her, heck for a mare half her age![/SIZE]

Lyn

She looks wonderful, Beth... what a GRAND old lady!!
default_wub.png
:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I got this email this morning:

Good Morning Beth,

What a wonderful way to start the week! Lady looks just great - isn't she a neat mare! She is also the granddam to Mountain Meadows Sovereign - 2005 AMHR National Champion Yearling & Reserve National Grand Jr Stallion (sired by Mountain Meadows Tyme to be Unique who sired by my Tennessee son out of the same dam, Careless Whisper, as Lucky Stryke) I am bringing out a 2 year old filly this year by Nic also - she is a very pretty mare also.

Anyway, thanks for bringing happy tears to my eyes this morning!
default_smile.png

Stacy

Mountain Meadows Miniatures

(206) 979-0505 Cell

Stacy owned Lady for some time. She has bred some wonderful horses from her and continues today with her Champion foals with Ladys name in their pedigree. What an asset to the miniature horse industry - Stacy and Lady
default_smile.png

B

Annette she is 31.5 tall.

Yes! I bet she was a knock out as a young mare she is definately refined before her time. She has been bred to very famous stallions in her day. Wished I had kept the Cross Country Call Me Sir, son she had.............geesh! Hindsight you know?

I agree! What a grand ole lady she is! I wouldnt have guessed over 10! I think it just shows the love and care she has gotten over her 27 years!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

She is GORGEOUS and in a million years, I'd have not ever guessed her age!!! The mare I thought was her dam is about her age, and I think her registered name is "just" Misteree (Mysteree... some kind of alternative spelling). I think you own a mare or did own a mare who was out of her, and similar colored
default_smile.png

She really is a wonderful mare, and unbelievable for her age.

Latest posts

Back