Oh my gosh, I MUST have one!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleum

Reaction score
I want to get a "blinged" browband for my show harness, so I've been shopping around looking- most of the places are strictly custom order, so getting mini sizes is no problem. Just so bedazzeled by all the sparkly choices!

And I found this place that does halters too. These are just *gorgeous*
default_eat.gif
::

http://www.equesport.com/halters.html

I've actually been trying to think of something other then the plated western or plain halters for performance- they've just never suited my eye. These look very tasteful but still sparkly, I'm thinking one might be just what I'm looking for. Or maybe what I'm looking for is a justification for such an expensive little trinket? LOL

That is very pretty - classy - not "too" much. I like it - thanks for sharing. We may have to get one of those...or two
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're stunning.

Just what I need.

I'll take two please.

I think they are very Classy looking! Not Blingy, or tacky to me.

I think those halters are gorgeous and not priced badly for the work in them. Those browbands are also very pretty and would make awesome nosebands for our minis! My only question is how the heck do you clean them???
default_wacko.png
:

I agree the Halters are lovely and very reasonable. The brow bands I could make in a moment, so I probably would not bother cleaning them!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: oh i have got to have some of those myself. hahhahahah

I saw the fancy beaded browbands on eBay about two years ago and bought several plain browbands and accented them myself so that each of my horses had a browband of their own--even the ones that STILL don't drive. lol I love crafty projects where I can make fun things like this! I admit it, I have gawdy taste in somethings--maybe it is the ol' barrel racer in me screaming to go back to the good ol' days. I have loom-beaded nylon halters with "bling" to them (even though I started those 7 years ago--long before the "bling thing") and some have brocade overlays, some have sparkly sequins. I get SO bored in the winter and so that has always been my project time. I have the stuff laid out to do beadwork like the halters on the fist site on the breast collar of a harness. It is just my work harness...but man oh man is it going to be pretty!

-Amy

Added: For you do-it-yourself-ers, I just wanted to add that you can get the rondels and all of the really nice quality beads at Hobby Lobby. They often have sales of 20%-50% off of all beading supplies. Make sure to get the really good beads or they just look cheap...though cheap ones are great to practice with.
default_smile.png
It takes about $10 worth of supplies to make a really nice browband like those and a $5-8 plain leather band....that makes it quite affordable for a nice showpiece, huh?
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They look very pretty and I like how easy it is to shop for them, especially choosing by the horse's color. I only wish they had pictures of the complete halter instead of just the beading. Or did I miss the pictures somewhere??

Very nice, right up my alley LOL. Gee, too bad Christmas is just over.

I wish they had pictures of the whole halter as well, would give you a better perspective of how they actually look on the horse.

Jan

OK Who is going to be "crafty" enough to make one of these in mini size. I think it would look great to dress up a plain halter for performance!! Ive got to have one!! Someone please pm me . I love to buy stuff for my babies!! Kath
default_wub.png
:

Amy,

You sound just like me!! I am planning on blinging mine up a bit too, and saw the same things at Hobby Lobby and we have a wonderful bead shop that has some AWESOME beads!!! I love do it yourself things.. saves this horsey owner a ton! I did my girls show outfits 2 years ago and they love them! I can even bling their vests and shirts more now that I have a BEJEWELER I can apply my owns crystals to their shirts!! Oh so much fun.. Amy you must get one of these!!

I made some real similiar to these for some of the saddlebreds one year. They were so simple to make! ...and costs more like about $10.00 tops. They are beautiful but they shoould be for that price! Guess my poor humble horses will have to go with homemade ones :bgrin, if they want to look snazzy :bgrin Corinne

I've got a browband for my Dressage Mare and it sure is wonderful! Just asked them if they'd do up a mini halter for me too!

Okay--I think we need a "bling bling" halter and browband challenge! Who is up for making our own and showing them off??? Leather or nylon halters work great (I just need to find a leather halter that isn't thick and bulky...even a bio one would work if it is fine enough) and you can ger plain browbands from most places that carry harness parts. I think I got my last couple for $8-10 each. We can have catagories of classy, fun, sassy...you name it.

-Amy

If you can make 'em yourself, send me one....my knitting basket is already overflowing with UFOs!
default_wacko.png
: Must... not... take... on... more... projects.

Oh Littleum where is your sense of adventure? LOL I am working on fun colored nylon surcingle/bridle/bitting rigs, painting a few custom breyer models and got some lycra I need to make hoods out of...and really need to make some new sweats for this year too. Ah yes, might as well add a halter and browband or 6..... hehehe Okay--back to these models for now...

-Amy

Latest posts

Back