Oh my Golly, Nationals!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna

Reaction score
I am sooooo excited about this years Nationals and our placings........We have worked sooooo hard and feel so Blessed to have had such a wonderful ending to our show year! I am also excited that just this morning I found out that our gelding Vanity Groves Split Decision, bred right here on my farm, is a National Champion! He originally was presented with the Reserve Champion honors at the show, but due to the first place winner being DISQUALIFIED for what ever reason, My Gelding is now the 2009 National Amateur Halter Jr. Gelding under CHAMPION! I am so excited yet dissapointed that I did not receive the trophy, ribbon nor the Center ring picture and recognition. Maybe the person that received the honors could send them to me? I would be very Thankfull in deed! I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future, it is really dissapointing. But FINALLY, We have one of our own bred horses a National Champion!
default_rolleyes.gif

Alliance Privates Casanova also took Reserve in the Amateur class.

McCarthys Hershey Swirl took Reserve in the Futurity Stallion under.

Silver Meadows Jets Midnite Madness took 3d in the Futurity 2yr old mares.

18 placings overall, several top 5, top 10's.

Incredible show for us!
default_biggrin.png
We are so proud!

Allot of NICE, VERY NICE horses at the show, Congratulations to all !

COngrats on your placings. I am sorry to hear that someone was in the ammy that should not have been for whatever reason. Hopefully AMHR will make it right and get you a trophy and proper neck ribbon have you asked them?

either way that is every exciting for you

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I hope that those DQed or AMHR will give you your rightful sash and trophy!!!

It's the right thing to do
default_yes.gif

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I hope that those DQed or AMHR will give you your rightful sash and trophy!!!

It's the right thing to do
default_yes.gif

I spoke with the show management this morning and they assured me that they would get me my ribbon and trophy. I have also called the photographer to have the sign changed in the photo to now read "National Champion" Woooohoooooo

Congrats on your great placings...and you have fabulous horses!

Great Job Donna & Buster ! Hope you get things taken care of for the awards well deserved, nothing like your our bred horse being a National Champion, what a great feeling to have !

default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad to hear you will get your ribbon I figured you would. I am sure whoever was DQ'd had no intention of going in and that being the end result- I am sorry for them and whatever happened very disappointing I am sure

The Champion of that class is, and remains, Mulligans Run Dreams Knight Falcon, which belongs to our family. The office made an error and said that the handler was not qualified because it was Heather and Heather is not an amateur. Heather is me...it was my daughter, Shannon that showed the horse and she has a valid amateur #73573. She showed under her name and the correct name was called in the ring - this is an office error.

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but this is yet another error on the part of the registry which has hurt several. Shannon is the valid winner (we just got off the phone with the registry) and the win stands.

Photo used for clarification - this is Shannon in the photo with Falcon.

falconwin.jpg

Oh Heather I am so sorry for you and Shannon.. what a horrible thing to have to go thru for you to hear your wins were stripped due to their error and for Donna and those who were told they moved up.. I am sorry for you to what a nightmare for all involved

But Heather Congrats to Shannon for her WINS and Donna- RES NATIONAL CHAMPION is nothing to sneeze at so congrats to you to

What I DON'T understand is, why don't they triple check these things before they start letting people know their placings "may" have changed? It doesn't take all that long to verify you are right, or wrong.

Look at it again, then once more to be sure. THEN let those know involved, if need be.

So disheartning, when it doesn't need to be.
default_sad.png

Oh, and nice photo Shannon!

Last edited by a moderator:
What I DON'T understand is, why don't they triple check these things before they start letting people know their placings "may" have changed? It doesn't take all that long to verify you are right, or wrong.Look at it again, then once more to be sure. THEN let those know involved, if need be.

So disheartning, when it doesn't need to be.
default_sad.png
I fully agree Frankie. There is no reason for it and we weren't even notified of the change. Shannon happened to come on LB and found it. They took two titles from her because they thought it was me that showed. I don't show...well I have to next year due to a bet, but she clearly entered as herself, they announced her in the ring and then decided it was me??? Not sure how that happened....oh well. I feel bad for Shannon and for Donna and Buster. It was just unnecessary.

Congrats on your wins! So sorry for all involved in that placing/DQ mess. All the horses are lovely!

Congrats on your wins! So sorry for all involved in that placing/DQ mess. All the horses are lovely!

This is a mess indeed. I went onto the site www.horseshowsonline.com to print out my show winnings for my records, that is when I discovered that two of my horses had been moved up in position. I called to verify my new placings and was told that several people had been disqualified for some reason or another. No real explanation was given to me. I was upset that I was not informed at the show but was told that it happened later on.

Buster and I have worked very hard over the years and we have done it on our own. I am very excited with all our placings and especially with my Reserve Champions, I was however overly excited to find out that one of my own bred horses had become National Champion, my extended apology to Shannon. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be told that you did not qualify and actually win as I feel just terrible about this whole mess, as it should have never have happened to begin with.

I do hope that this will all be rectified before next year, seems like every year there is something happening that just shouldnt be! To many innocent people getting their placings moved or taken away, just isn't fair.

Sorry to read about the "disappointments" that Shannon and Donna/Buster experienced. However, Donna, I am so proud to read of all your accomplishments this year including the Reserve Championship, which I think is great!! I so regret not being able to get to Tulsa for evem one day this year. One of my highlights is always visiting with you, my friend. As I've told you before, I sure wish we lived closer.

Rita

default_no.gif
It sure sounds like it was a real mess, they should really work on fixing the errors before announcing placings!!!!

Congratulations to both Donna and Sharron---Champion and Reserve Champion---WOOO HOOOO
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Sorry to read about the "disappointments" that Shannon and Donna/Buster experienced. However, Donna, I am so proud to read of all your accomplishments this year including the Reserve Championship, which I think is great!! I so regret not being able to get to Tulsa for evem one day this year. One of my highlights is always visiting with you, my friend. As I've told you before, I sure wish we lived closer.
Rita
I missed seeing you to Rita, You will just have to plan a trip out here to visit. We would love to have you! Hope we do see you next year! Our love, Donna and Buster

Latest posts

Back