Oh My Darling Husband

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
We only have 5 minis and I've never really thought much about having a farm name. We dont breed or show so I never thought much about even thinking of a name. Its always just been my little farm. Well my husband is a big help and truly loves the horses and is really learning alot as am I. I often see him reading my mini magazines and when I tease him about it he always just says well I want to "know more" about em. But he always says Oh honey, we have enough when I mention anything about getting another mini. He really doesnt care how many we have as long as we can afford them and he knows how happy they make me. Well he surprised me with a beautiful sign...its huge about 3x4 ft ( Im sure he spent a small fortune ) all beautifully done by a talented local artist...2 mini silouettes facing each other w/a dark wood that is actually inlaid into a lighter colored wood it has a weeping willow on one side and my farm name is painted in gold with dark green shadowing. But the kicker is what HE named our farm.

Know More

Miniature Horse

Farm

Is this a hint or what!!! Im thinking of having a smaller little sign that I can have made to attach to the bottom with my little "dig" ..... any suggestions

A little sign that says Plenty and it can be attached so that it covers up the word Know.

default_wink.png

I won't pretend to know your husband or you, this is just my opinion on the sign and the info in your post.

I personally wouldn't change a thing! The fact that he spent big$s on it, gave it to you as a gift, and named it after a saying he has about your interest-- should be enough! I don't think it was a "hint" at all. Think about it-- he reads the magazines to "know more", he clearly has more interest than he lets on. He was thinking about you and the horses when he had it made! How endearing! He may have a diffrent sense of humor than you! He's a guy! Give him the benifit of the doubt.

I actually ran this by my husband, and he said if he had had the sign made and I changed it, It would upset him greatly and turn him off to anything having to do with the minis. We are in much the same situation and any interest he shows I tend to encourage! We want them with us on this!!!

Display it proudly and give him a big hug!

I totally agree with candycar. It appears to me that it was a gift of love. Accept it in the manner in which it was given.

If I read your post correctly, I would say that you actually LOVE this sign and your sweet hubby that had it made specially for you
default_wink.png
But maybe you just can't resist the urge to get ia a little "dig" just to tease him. Good luck...teehee If you get a chance to post a photo of it, we would sure love to see it!

That is so adorable (the name and the thoughtfulness of hubby).
default_wub.png

Sometimes there is a story behind a farm name.....and that is the fact with yours.

So when people come by to visit and ask you what's up with your farm name, you can tell them how things related to miniature horses are so controversial at times, that you can't ever get enough knowledge and you strive to "know more"

I'd say that's a pretty big feather in your cap Heidi considering the abuse due to ignorance of many others in the horse world and the ones that think they know it all already. Cheers for the husband who backs up education in horsemanship.
default_firstprize.gif

HOw very thoughtful of him! I like Riverdances suggestion! PLease post pics so we can see it!!

CHeers to your hubby!!
default_aktion033.gif

I think what he did was very sweet. Anytime they show interest we need to encourage it.Men dont spend money on something unless they do have an interest but sometimes they dont wanna come right out and say how much they like our little minis... Silly silly men !!!!!
default_biggrin.png

I wouldn't change a thing!! I think it's awesome. Good job hubby!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I'm a little slow this morning haven't had my coffee.....but I took it literally "KNOW More" like there is always more to learn. :DOH! :DOH!

Be thankful that you husband is taking an active part.....he must love you and the horses are he wouldn't have done that.........but add your thing to it.

I think the whole thing is very cute........ a good play on the word "KNOW"......
default_biggrin.png

I'd add to it: "Never Enough" (THAT should scare him!)

I like it too as it covers both of you with the play on the word "know" as well, but I'd still have to get a dig in just to tease so I'd make a sign that reads "One up" as in you always Know more and you never know when another ONE might show up.
default_biggrin.png

Amanda

I like it! Great conversation piece and story behind it. Like you, I would want to get the last word in as well , and add a little sigh that said some thing like "says who", and later take it down. As much as I would hate to admit it to my hubby, it is VERY clever. :DOH!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back