Oh my Another one heading into the Gulf~!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shminifancier

Reaction score
May not head to LA but this one is heading into the Gulf by mid week,, Uff Da just what those poor people don't need in LA.and in any of the Gulf States... This one may head to Texas but still too early to say and even getting close to LA still would be a Bad thing... I heard a few days ago that even a heavy rain storm of 3 inches or more and those levees may be in trouble as they were only put in a very very temporary one and that will not stop much of all in the way of water getting back into the city ....And the Pumps are already working at full capacity,,,So even getting somewhat close to spread rain in their direction would not be good..

I was just on the Chronicle forum & I see that many horse people from the Houston area are already making plans to get themselves & their horses out of town. Some are going now, just in case, & others are waiting a bit to see which way Rite heads as she gets closer to the Gulf, but if she stays on her present course they are getting out. Several said they've flooded from a previous Cat. 3, & some had flooding from the last tropical storm that hit them, and none of them are going to stay to ride out another one. Not after seeing what Katrina did to NO & other areas.

Hope that it does not hit the places hit previously (Mississippi, LA etc) ... don't know how they would handle a 2nd hit at this point.

To think they are letting people back in New Orleans now.. and I doubt the sandbags in the Lake Ponchetrain (can't spell that) barriers would hold up under another hit.

Hope everyone (where-ever it hits) will be ok.

A VERY busy hurricane season this year for sure!

JJ

For those of you that have never seen the National Hurricane Center Site, here is a link that will show you in detail how these storms are expected to travel.

National Hurricane Center

Let us just all pray for these people. I know how they must feel living through what all us Florida people went thru last year.

Rai

And now according to the Weather Channel they MOVED the Hurricanes Projected path CLOSER to LA on the Eastern edge of the storm and so now this is still early but my oh my any more movement to the East Would put yet another Hurricane close to or even a direct Hit on LA ~! Ouch...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back