Oh joy...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Here is another scammer to be aware of... Here is what I got on 2 of my internet ads today.... Notice the different IP addresses, though this is supposedly the same person. I am sure glad I have a beatyful horse!! When are they going to give it up!!?

Am Bernard Raymon from canada, i am interested in your horse, i want you to get back to me with the final asking price of this horse and the reason why you are selling the horse, did you have more pictures of this beautyful horse, i will to present this horse for my daughter on are birthday day, she is a horse lover, Looking forward for your respond. Bernard

Sender Information

Name: Bernard

Email: [email protected]

Phone: NA

IP Address: 82.128.34.26

AND..

My name Bernard Raymon from canada ,i am interested in your horse ,i want you to get back to me with the final asking price of this horse and the reason why you are selling the horse ,did you have more pictures of this beautyful horse ,i will to present this horse for my daughter on are birthdayday ,she is a lover of horse .Looking forward for your reply Bernard

Sender Information

Name: bernard

IP Address: 82.128.33.33

Oh and another one... these all came into my email within MINUTES of putting up the ad!! Now the filly is an 'it'!!
default_wacko.png

Hello I saw your Advert which am highly intrested in buying it. Please let me know if its still available and its present condition ? And i want you to please get back to me with the last asking price. Best Regards" Maccarty.

Sender Information

Name: Maccarty

IP Address: 82.128.9.46

I know! Joy oh joy ..

I listed a few horses for sale on dreamhorse, horsetopia, equinehits ext ..websites like that and the scammers just rolled in this past week.

I got one of those too awhile ago. At first I thought it might be legit, until I saw the spelling mistakes, so I wrote back if you are a scammer leave me alone. Haven't gotten any since and I have ads posted lots of places.

I think the best thing to do is just report spam and hit DELETE. Don't give them the benefit of a response and risk putting your email into their hands. Way too many people with too much time on their hands and no scruples.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I do- report it and delete. When you respond, I think they share with others that the email address is valid. ALL three of these came through equinehits.com. Just wish they'd go get a real job. Of course if the fraud people weren't out there doing this, I wouldn't have a real job!! LOL

I too got a lot of them. But now yesterday I got one simialer and I wasnt sure. So I said you need to contact me by phone. And they did, 4:00 in the morning they called. I told them I was sleeping and email me thier number, and they did. I still think it is some type of scam. THe email reads-

i call you, but you said i should drop my number that you will give me a call. well this is my number +234-70-459xxxxx (i dont want to post the real number just in case). so you can call me we discuss and also find out the shipping price and let me know, so we can discuss about payment ok.

Latest posts

Back